The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Serine Soul
The thing is, I also want to enjoy a few days of relative happiness in the (very likely) event that my dreams all fall apart after results day :lol:

They get it a week earlier right? I always watch them getting their results on the news and boom, my pants start self soiling every day from that day until A Level results day

:redface: I partly blame Brexit for my poor performance in my final exam tbh :lol:

This is exactly how I feel man. I have a fairly lower insurance, but an insurance is an insurance, it's my second choice and I don't want to go there as badly as my first choice :cry2:

I'm so scared of things going the complete opposite to the way I want

IB get theirs Tuesday this week.
Are you AS or A2? AS
What subjects are you taking? Psychology, Biology, Maths, Sociology and hopefully starting an EPQ too in year 13
To which university are you hoping to go to? My dream uni is Cambridge but that is dependent upon AS grades! I also like Bath, Birmingham, Southampton and Bristol.
To study which subject? Psychology
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA
What grades are you predicted? My school didn't give out predicted grades for AS
How did your exams go? I think they went okay but it is always hard to tell. My maths and biology exams didn't go as well as I hoped (edexcel maths I'm looking at you...)
How are you feeling about results day? terrified!
This is exactly how I feel man. I have a fairly lower insurance, but an insurance is an insurance, it's my second choice and I don't want to go there as badly as my first choice :cry2:

I'm so scared of things going the complete opposite to the way I want

I feel this...

On one hand I know I'd still be fine at my insurance in the long run and it's "good enough" for the career I want. But on the other hand, if results day comes and I've not got in, I'll feel bad about myself for a long time :redface:
Original post by SH0405
You receive no sympathy from me - sorry. I would expect a person not to fast on the day of an exam, but to genuinely focus on their exam. What sort of religion advocates no food on the day of an important exam.

Why are scientific events any more rubbish than religious ones may I ask? If an exam board placed an exam on Christmas, including Christmas day, the exam would take precedence over the celebrations. I value my future more than a given holiday.

Anyway, I feel we're straying somewhat from the topic of the thread. I'd be up for discussing this some more if you're up for creating a new thread.

Not worth my time.
Original post by usycool1
Sorry about the late reply. :emo:

It's no problem! I'm presuming you're enjoying post-exam (and possibly worrying over post-Brexit) life :wink:

I think it depends on the Uni and Course in terms of Uni exams. They are much harder to revise for because of the sheer content we have and not know how much we're meant to know, but in my course at least, we don't need to score high marks like we needed to at A-Levels. :tongue:

Yeah, it's what, 70% for a first? That's absolutely crazy - if I got 70% in an exam now I would cry and cry and cry some more! The course I'm looking at has no exams which count towards your degree until third year finals, which is pretty scary...

Haha, good luck in beating her! What course are you thinking of doing? Presuming you want to go to Uni? :tongue:

Thank you! I'm looking at doing Law, actually, which is one reason I'm so worried about getting good results in 6 weeks time!! (Gah, just 6 weeks left.... >-< not quite sure if I'm happy or terrified!)
Original post by roarchika
It's no problem! I'm presuming you're enjoying post-exam (and possibly worrying over post-Brexit) life :wink:

Yeah, it's what, 70% for a first? That's absolutely crazy - if I got 70% in an exam now I would cry and cry and cry some more! The course I'm looking at has no exams which count towards your degree until third year finals, which is pretty scary...

Thank you! I'm looking at doing Law, actually, which is one reason I'm so worried about getting good results in 6 weeks time!! (Gah, just 6 weeks left.... >-< not quite sure if I'm happy or terrified!)

I just looked at your profile and we are very similar! I did Economics, English Literature and History at A2, Critical Thinking and Japanese at AS, and an EPQ as well! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
I feel this...

On one hand I know I'd still be fine at my insurance in the long run and it's "good enough" for the career I want. But on the other hand, if results day comes and I've not got in, I'll feel bad about myself for a long time :redface:

Yeah, that's how I kinda feel. Tbh if I miss out on my offer but still get high grades (A*AA) I might just take out a year and try for a different course at other unis. (Or even try Oxford for the same course lol their Biochem entry requirement is A*AA... Wow I'm actually thinking, all I have to do is tweak my personal statement a bit and follow the same process as last year. I may not get invited to interview but if I do, I'll be fairly comfortable because I've been in a similar one before!)
Original post by Edminzodo
I just looked at your profile and we are very similar! I did Economics, English Literature and History at A2, Critical Thinking and Japanese at AS, and an EPQ as well! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, niiiiiice! :five:

Actually, I was going to do English Literature, but the set-texts didn't appeal to me at all (it was all tragedy and just. There are so many wonderful non-tragic books out there, ffs) - so we could have done exactly the same subjects :wink: may I ask what you did your EPQ on, and how Econ/Hist gets at A2?

Also, best of luck for results day! I just checked your profile - Egyptology looks so so cool!
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Psychology, French, English Language (all AQA)
AS grades: CCBU respectively (U in biology woo) retook French and Psychology
Which university are you hoping to go to? Firm is Southampton, insurance is Reading
To study which subject? French
What grades are required for your desired degree? BBB (contextual offer) What grades are you predicted? teachers said BBC but at that stage my psychology teachers didn't know I was retaking.
How did your exams go? im really not sure, the retakes went well but my last 3 A2 exams were within 2 days and 2 of them clashed so I was really stressed out, French was really difficult but I think I did better than I originally thought, English coursework was an A and the exam went well so that should be fine, and I thought psychology went well and there's normally low grade boundaries, so just worried about French because I need a B!
How are you feeling about results day? Super nervous because I really want to go to Southampton and I think it's going to be close!
Part of me wants to know my results, like now, so I can know what's happening with my life.

I feel you!!!!
I'm not sure how resits will work with the new spec since the new spec for OCR science subjects don't have coursework and instead they integrate all that stuff into the end of year exams
Yeah, that's how I kinda feel. Tbh if I miss out on my offer but still get high grades (A*AA) I might just take out a year and try for a different course at other unis. (Or even try Oxford for the same course lol their Biochem entry requirement is A*AA... Wow I'm actually thinking, all I have to do is tweak my personal statement a bit and follow the same process as last year. I may not get invited to interview but if I do, I'll be fairly comfortable because I've been in a similar one before!)

Yeah, that's not the worst idea... I'm sure you'll get in though!

I've joked to people that if I screw up REALLY badly (like, miss my Durham offer too) I'll have to take some more A levels, apply for something totally different and claim that psychology just wasn't right for me :colondollar:
As many have requested, here are the AQA Summer 2016 papers. The corresponding Mark Schemes and the Examiners' Reports will not be available until the day before the results day and, since collecting them is hugely time-consuming, I don't promise to upload them on that day. Also, I believe there are some papers missing from the link but please do let me know which ones they are and I will try to upload them by the end of next week.

(Note that these are the AQA materials only-I don't have access to the materials of other exam boards.)

Click here to see the files.

(@SH0405- Perhaps you should add the link to the first post. :tongue:)
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Yeah, that's not the worst idea... I'm sure you'll get in though!

I've joked to people that if I screw up REALLY badly (like, miss my Durham offer too) I'll have to take some more A levels, apply for something totally different and claim that psychology just wasn't right for me :colondollar:

Fingers crossed! :redface:

You see, I'd do that - abandon the sciences - but I tried Lit last year and flopped so I'm not even sure :cry:
Fingers crossed! :redface:

You see, I'd do that - abandon the sciences - but I tried Lit last year and flopped so I'm not even sure :cry:

Hah, I'd have to go the other way and take physics and chemistry or something... I always figured maths would be my plan B if I had to take another year and do something else, but after that C4 and FP2? No chance :lol:
I've spent the last day reading through my insurance course and trying to convince myself I liked it...

... I will be perfectly happy going there, some of the modules are amazing :smile:

Unless I end up in Clearing, THEN I'm screwed :/
Original post by lailapianai
Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one is more important for you? Your future or your religion? I'm afraid you won't get anything out of it; there have been many students fasting in England in June and they all had to sit their exams. (To be fair a lot of muslim students were eating and drinking during the day, not all of them though)
Exam boards are not religious bodies and there are other religions affected, they still don't care. The only exams that have been moved due to Ramadan were the English and Maths gcses which are taken by massive amounts of students

Try to evaluate what you want to achieve and what you are ready to do for it, but negotiating with CIE seems hopeless, I'm afraid.
Original post by emiloujess
I've spent the last day reading through my insurance course and trying to convince myself I liked it...

... I will be perfectly happy going there, some of the modules are amazing :smile:

Unless I end up in Clearing, THEN I'm screwed :/

I don't have an insurance and my firm is A*A*A :bee:
I'm a bit nervous and seriously I have sleeping problems and 40+ days to go.............. I want to study during the summer but without knowing what I got I kinda have no energy.
Original post by lawlieto
I'm a bit nervous and seriously I have sleeping problems and 40+ days to go.............. I want to study during the summer but without knowing what I got I kinda have no energy.

What uni/course is that for? :smile:

I've ordered 2 books (one for firm, one for insurance) but yeah my sleeping pattern has become extremely weird :/ I just want it to be Results Day already :cry2:
Original post by lawlieto

Haha man that's scary. Weren't you on the Oxford thread?

Quick Reply

Latest