The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Did you not read my post? I just said that only a bigot would blame an entire religious group for the actions of a few.

You seem to suspect muslims for their ideology but what about other religions ideologies or countries ideologies. Did you forget to mention that?
Original post by Tictackilla
You seem to suspect muslims for their ideology but what about other religions ideologies or countries ideologies. Did you forget to mention that?

I mentioned Islam as it is pertinent to the thread topic. If the thread was about Christianity's faults then I'd gladly go into those.
There are bad people in all countries and all groups. It doesnt mean you can discriminate that group and say that group is messed up just because you dont like them.

Can you please point to where I said such a thing?
I mentioned Islam as it is pertinent to the thread topic. If the thread was about Christianity's faults then I'd gladly go into those.

Well the thread was about terrorism and you could've said theres other kinds of terrorism apart from groups like ISIS which you didnt say at all. Anyways we all know about the terrorism that atheism does and I dont want to go into that either
Not all of them. Blame the Muslims who did it.

However, there are certain regressive Islamic ideas which need to be openly debated.
Original post by rhia9
Islam is a religion of peace. Is ISIS really "Islamic" or are they just using this as a mask and the real reason for the attacks is the urge to have power? Why do people say "Muslims were responsible for the 9/11 attacks, or the Paris bombings?" Were they really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blame the people who are "muslims" and do terrorist attacks not muslims as a whole
Can you please point to where I said such a thing?

You are saying Islam is at fault.
Well the thread was about terrorism and you could've said theres other kinds of terrorism apart from groups like ISIS which you didnt say at all. Anyways we all know about the terrorism that atheism does and I dont want to go into that either

This thread is about Muslim terrorists so stop trying to get me to engage in whataboutery.
Original post by rhia9
Another point - with the Charleston shooting that was carried out by a WHITE man, I have not heard the word terrorist once. Just "mental illness". Is that fair? If a Syrian man carried out the same attack in an English church, the first thing you'd see on the media is that a terrorist attack has taken place.

The colour of the skin is largely irrelevant (unless you're of the moronic opinion that only brown people can be terrorists); it's the motivation behind the attack that makes it what it is.

If someone's a Muslim, and they kill people in the name of Islam, that's terrorism.
If someone's a Muslim, and they kill people because they're a few sandwiches short of a picnic, that's not terrorism.
You are saying Islam is at fault.

I am. But how is that the same as saying Muslims are messed up? Like another poster said, you're not distinguishing between the criticism of people and the criticism of an ideology.
I am. But how is that the same as saying Muslims are messed up? Like another poster said, you're not distinguishing between the criticism of people and the criticism of an ideology.

Well to that I say that atheism is at fault too.
well no christians are isis fighters...
Original post by rhia9
Another point - with the Charleston shooting that was carried out by a WHITE man, I have not heard the word terrorist once. Just "mental illness". Is that fair? If a Syrian man carried out the same attack in an English church, the first thing you'd see on the media is that a terrorist attack has taken place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dylan Roof was a white supremacist - a racist. As far as I know he didn't have any political or religious motives, therefore he wasn't a terrorist.

Anders Brejvik, a white man, was.
Reply 33
Original post by Kutta
Nope..

Is it fair to blame "white" people for slavery?
is it fair to blame Christians for the KKK?
is it fair to blame Christians for Breivik?
Is it fair to blame Christians for the Lords Resistance Army?
Is it fair to blame Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church?
Is it fair to blame Sikhs for Flight 182?
Is it fair to blame Jews for the actions of the state of Israel?
is it fair to blame Indians/Hindus for the actions of Hindu extremists in India?
Is it fair to blame Buddhists for Wirathu (aka the Burmese Bin Laden)?
is it fair to blame white people for the destructing of ancient civilisations such the Indians?
is it fair to blame Christians for Hitler and Nazi's?
is it fair to blame the Chinese for Chairman Mao?
is it fair to blame normal everyday Americans for the atomic bomb attacks which still effects peoples lives today?
is it fair to blame us Brits for the drone strikes which kill innocent people?
Is it fair to blame Muslims for ISIS?

you get the picture....

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhia9
Islam is a religion of peace. Is ISIS really "Islamic" or are they just using this as a mask and the real reason for the attacks is the urge to have power? Why do people say "Muslims were responsible for the 9/11 attacks, or the Paris bombings?" Were they really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam is a religion of peace?- You sure?

Read this https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

People say muslims was responsible for 9/11 and the Paris because the people who carried out the attacks was muslim and done it in the name of Allah. I know that muslims try dodging the blame by saying they are not muslims when they was born as none other than Muslims.

Most of them are alright but most terror attacks in the last 25 years where done by muslims
breaking news is mohammeds mosque in Medina, Saudi has been bombed , likely suspects Islamic State
Original post by rhia9

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it really 'peace' though? most ppl are skeptical about this validity of this claim
Original post by tamanna___
ISIS are not Muslim at all, they pretend to be and use it as a mask.. If they really were Muslims (pure Muslims as they claim to be) then they would be fasting right now

Unless you have recent pictures of them eating, you're making assumptions
Reply 38
Original post by Reformed
breaking news is mohammeds mosque in Medina, Saudi has been bombed , likely suspects Islamic State

Multiple attacks in Saudi today...
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/multiple-bombings-saudi-arabia-medina-us-site/
Original post by rhia9
Islam is a religion of peace.

There's those words again...