The Student Room Group

mcdonalds pay

Ok so i got a job at mcdonalds and I'm not sure what pay I'm entitled to. not that I'm expecting much its just i need to start paying rent at home and want to work out what ill be getting from work. I've worked 7 days already full time [8 hour shifts 5 days a week and the 2 days the week before] and i checked my bank balance on thursday [pay day] and it was £78. do trainees get paid less??
How old are you?
Original post by princeofpenguin
Ok so i got a job at mcdonalds and I'm not sure what pay I'm entitled to. not that I'm expecting much its just i need to start paying rent at home and want to work out what ill be getting from work. I've worked 7 days already full time [8 hour shifts 5 days a week and the 2 days the week before] and i checked my bank balance on thursday [pay day] and it was £78. do trainees get paid less??

It could be that the 2 days on the first week you worked where on the last payday (when you just got paid) and your next week when you did 5 days are on this payday (next time you get paid). If your pay dates are the same as mine then that might be the case anyway, but id double check things with your store manager. Trainees arent paid any less though. Check your payslip and it should say how much an hour you are getting. How old are you?
im 19.
I read that it was £7.25/hour (on their advertisements)
Original post by princeofpenguin
im 19.

All the people I know that were working at McDonald's when aged 19, got like £5.30 an hour. That was not that long ago as well. It does seem like you've been paid not for all the days you've worked so you might want to talk to your manager of whoever you'd go to with such questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending