The Student Room Group

Friends meeting up without me?

To cut a long story short, my closest friends have been meeting up without me and I know this because I have seen pictures. What do I do? I feel so hurt and upset about it. I have asked one of them if they hated me and they said "no of course not" and that that could never happen! But then this happens. Any advice?
Try not to get jealous and whiny about it because then they definitely won't want to meet up with you. It's probably only a few occasions talk about all of you meeting up together see what they do. They are allowed to spend time without you. Hope it will be okay 😊
I know how you feel. My friends started doing that last year and I even found out they all had a separate group chat without me. Felt like a punch in the gut. But as has been said, they are allowed to spend time with you. If they do it really often or start excluding you from other things just ask them if there's something wrong or if you're annoying them in some way. Maybe they're just doing things they don't think you'd enjoy, who knows.
Original post by Anonymous
To cut a long story short, my closest friends have been meeting up without me and I know this because I have seen pictures. What do I do? I feel so hurt and upset about it. I have asked one of them if they hated me and they said "no of course not" and that that could never happen! But then this happens. Any advice?

I know how exactly you feel. This has happened to me as well. You'll be okay. Just ignore them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I know how you feel. My friends started doing that last year and I even found out they all had a separate group chat without me. Felt like a punch in the gut. But as has been said, they are allowed to spend time with you. If they do it really often or start excluding you from other things just ask them if there's something wrong or if you're annoying them in some way. Maybe they're just doing things they don't think you'd enjoy, who knows.

Ouch, that's harsh. Are you still friends with them? Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 1998RF
Try not to get jealous and whiny about it because then they definitely won't want to meet up with you. It's probably only a few occasions talk about all of you meeting up together see what they do. They are allowed to spend time without you. Hope it will be okay 😊

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by maggie43
I know how exactly you feel. This has happened to me as well. You'll be okay. Just ignore them

Posted from TSR Mobile

When this happened to you, did you just move on and branch out? Or are you still friends with them? Thank you, by the way
When this happened to you, did you just move on and branch out? Or are you still friends with them? Thank you, by the way

This happened to me in September last year yet I'm the one who made them friends. They even went out for dates. It was a guy and a girl. And the guy was my ex to make matters worse. I haven't spoken to any of them ever since. It hurt me so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 2 friends do it all the time but it doesn't bother me so much anymore because I still have other friends I can hang out with
Ouch, that's harsh. Are you still friends with them? Thanks for the advice :smile:

Nope, I'm not still friends with them. At first they met up in secret without me, and then they started doing it really openly and tagging each other on Facebook and stuff, but I acted like it wasn't happening because they were my only friends and they were still really nice to me. But then they started talking about it in front of me, and I took the damn hint and drifted away from them. Now it's been nearly two years and half of them have unfriended me on Facebook. You'd think we were never friends. It completely wrecked my happiness, and my confidence. That's why I'd urge you to ask them what's going on if you feel like you're losing them, because to this day I still wonder what the hell I did wrong.
Hi there, my advice is to try with these friends. However, if they don’t want your attention towards them,try to make new friends.

Try and come up with messages that say “are you meeting up without me” try not to make it obvious though

Latest

Trending

Trending