The Student Room Group

Guys, would you rather have one night stands or a relationship?

Genuinely curious about this because of a lot of my guy mates say being tied down in a relationship isn't very nice.

Scroll to see replies

Guys who say that are with the wrong partner! :s-smilie:
Relationships definitely, they just haven't found the right girl
Relationship - I prefer repeat experiences.
Relationship, but jeez I wouldn't mind something casual right now. :colonhash:
Reply 5
Relationship definitely, I don't think I'd ever have a one night stand, it would just feel empty when you don't actually like the person
Although right now, I don't want a relationship either
Reply 6
Original post by yoda123
Relationship definitely, I don't think I'd ever have a one night stand, it would just feel empty when you don't actually like the person
Although right now, I don't want a relationship either

So genuine question to you and all the other posters on here- Why do guys end up sleeping around after a breakup if they like relationships so much?
Relationship provide regular gradually improving sex as opposed to a succession of drunken awkward encounters which you most likely forget, having gone to the trouble of risking rejection in attempting to convince the drunk girl at the club to stumble into her latest bad decision.
Ons all the way bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
So genuine question to you and all the other posters on here- Why do guys end up sleeping around after a breakup if they like relationships so much?

I've never slept around. I had one partner approx six months after a long-term relationship, but that was it.

Some people deal with the emotional pain of the breakup by sleeping around, others don't. Varies from guy to guy. You could also say the same for women, as this isn't a gender-exclusive approach to dealing with break-ups.
Original post by Supercrazy21
Ons all the way bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask due to what reason?
Relationship. I've never had a ONS and don't see the appeal.
Sure, relationships are fun. However, one night stands provide what relationships can't - a lack of commitment. For people who struggle with committing to one person it would be less beneficial as well as less considerate to others' feelings to attempt to initiate a relationship, when they know they probably wouldn't be able to stick to their promise. As a result, they would hurt themselves and their significant other.
A relationship that is like being best friends while having the hots for each other is the best.

And to the other question; After a break up, depending on the context, they just want to feel good and probably do not want to think about relationships and the pain associated with it right now.

I see this has been troubling you for ages.. :frown:

Not every guy is the same by the way, so what people here might say might not apply to another guy who was in your life.
Well ive never had either but ill never have a one night stand.
I would like a relationship though!
Original post by Laurasaur
Guys who say that are with the wrong partner! :s-smilie:

you really want a committed partner
Original post by SeanFM
I see this has been troubling you for ages.. :frown:

Not every guy is the same by the way, so what people here might say might not apply to another guy who was in your life.

Annoyingly yes it still is. I'm just curious because I've seen this happen with a lot of guys I guess.
Reply 18
Annoyingly yes it still is. I'm just curious because I've seen this happen with a lot of guys I guess.

Honestly I don't think it applies to just boys, I've seen it with girls too who go wild after a break up. I think it's just an age/culture thing
Depends on quality of both. All things being equal then a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending