The Student Room Group

Guys, would you rather have one night stands or a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

For gay guys, one night stands is the only thing that can ever work. We are overdramatic beyond belief, hold grudges, are gossips, and are generally not the type of people made for marriage. Why do you think most gay marriages never work? Which is hilarious cause everyone wants gay marriages today, but unless you're a lesbian, bi, or nonbinary or female identifying trans, your marriage will never work. x__x

My uncle is only 37 and already on his THIRD marriage. As for myself, the amount of guys I have been with is craaaazy but then you realize it is 2016, apps like grindr exist, and for people in cities - you will never see these people again so why not take a crazy chance? I am just overjoyed we cannot get pregnant (yet!) :P
Reply 21
FwB
You get multiple nights and also someone cool to spend time with in a relationship so a relationship. You just need to find the right girl. I do see the appeal of sleeping around too however.
Original post by thomas__2001
For gay guys, one night stands is the only thing that can ever work. We are overdramatic beyond belief, hold grudges, are gossips, and are generally not the type of people made for marriage. Why do you think most gay marriages never work? Which is hilarious cause everyone wants gay marriages today, but unless you're a lesbian, bi, or nonbinary or female identifying trans, your marriage will never work. x__x

My uncle is only 37 and already on his THIRD marriage. As for myself, the amount of guys I have been with is craaaazy but then you realize it is 2016, apps like grindr exist, and for people in cities - you will never see these people again so why not take a crazy chance? I am just overjoyed we cannot get pregnant (yet!) :P

LOL

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Can I ask due to what reason?

It's because it fun and I don't like relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomas__2001

Not all guys are sex-crazed or *****y queens gay or straight, and some guys like myself long term relationships are preferable to one night stands. It's true that emotions and sex are generally disconnected with guys gay or straight, but you can't generalise.

There are women who are sex crazed and not able to commit to relationships, straight or lesbian. Though people just call them sluts.
I don't see much value in an ONS
Original post by Anonymous
Genuinely curious about this because of a lot of my guy mates say being tied down in a relationship isn't very nice.

relationship when i take the time to find the right person

Spoiler

Honestly, both are great. Relationships are amazing, but ONSs are pretty healthy as well, and can boost your self confidence. Having loads of consecutive one night stands can be a bit depressing, but so can having loads of consecutive heavy relationships. But I think people up until the age of 25 who say they 'don't want to be tied down' are full of b***s***. It probably stems from emotional immaturity and the sense that having more one night stands somehow makes you a cooler/more desirable person, which is also b***s***.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I would prefer relationships I suppose, but then again I live on TSR so I haven't had either...

Spoiler

I would say, good relationship > casual sex because the sex is generally great in a good relationship, on account of you being compatible physically and mentally, but being single and mingling is definitely better than being trapped in a bad relationship.

Oh wait, I am a woman, well, I suppose the same must be said of men too...
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Well I would prefer relationships I suppose, but then again I live on TSR so I haven't had either...

Spoiler

Try using that as a pickup line!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending