The Student Room Group

Will there be a Muslim Holocaust in Europe?

This seriously has me worried.

Facts:

There's a number of crimes being created by Muslim migrants across EU countries
There's a rise of the far right extremes across EU countries
Muslims are not tolerated at all in some EU countries
Terrorist attacks are increasing the anti-Islam sentiment

Do you believe there is a possibility of there being another Hitler, but rather than being anti-Semitic, he/she is anti-Islamic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshiee

Facts:

Do you believe there is a possibility of there being another Hitler, but rather than being anti-Semitic, he/she is anti-Islamic?

Don't we already have Trump for that?
I worry there may :redface:
Reply 3

Facts:

Same! I am quite worried for my Muslim friends :frown:. I think if brexit causes high unemployment/ an economic crash- similar to that prior to Nazi Germany..it is quite likely that'll be last straw and history in Europe will repeat itself.
Reply 4
Trump is a fool. I am more concerned with the rise of the far right in Europe. For example, France has serious issues in this regard. Communism is the answer as it brings people together on a level playing field.
Reply 5
history is repeating itself and only an idiot wont be able to see it.

Perhaps it wont be as severe as genocide
Reply 6
Original post by Themini
Same! I am quite worried for my Muslim friends :frown:. I think if brexit causes high unemployment/ an economic crash- similar to that prior to Nazi Germany..it is quite likely that'll be last straw and history in Europe will repeat itself.

Much of the rhetoric around now is reminiscent of 1930s Germany. That is a major issue.
No
Trump is a fool. I am more concerned with the rise of the far right in Europe. For example, France has serious issues in this regard. Communism is the answer as it brings people together on a level playing field.

Urgh no... Communistic regimes have killed 10x more people that died in the holocaust
Reply 9
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I worry there may :redface:

Are you a Muslim?
Reply 10
Name me one strictly communist regime. There has not been one.
Reply 11
No.
Much of the rhetoric around now is reminiscent of 1930s Germany. That is a major issue.

Which disturbs me and I have been noticing. Muslims are blamed for everything and the bad apples aren't treated as individuals but as Muslims who follow this evil religion of islam. Sounds exactly like how the jews were treated in the 30s..blamed for everything single thing.

If you mean with respect to following communism as it was theoretically meant to be followed, then there is none as far as I'm aware. But there have been plenty of regimes throughout the twentieth century and some that persist to this present day (North Korea) who govern based on communism ideology and their deaths have far exceeded the Holocaust
Reply 14
Original post by Themini
Which disturbs me and I have been noticing. Muslims are blamed for everything and the bad apples aren't treated as individuals but as Muslims who follow this evil religion of islam. Sounds exactly like how the jews were treated in the 30s..blamed for everything single thing.

Also, Jews were first punished via the system itself. Look at how Muslims are now being punished by the banning of Islamic garments and the demonising of their religion. That state accepted hatred contributes to the rise and acceptance of such attitudes in society.

You are correct sir, true communism has never been properly implemented. I believe it could work if done properly.
Holocaust? Certainly not, there were no Jewish states then, while now there are tens of Muslim states.
Repatriation, however, and similar stances are very likely. At the very least I imagine Islam will be banned somewhere and sometime in the future. Discrimination against Muslims, and Arabs and Asians generally, will then skyrocket and most Muslims will leave Europe.
I don't know though how likely, but will happen in one form or another, and to one degree or another I am sure.
Reply 17
None of those regimes are anything near communism. Having communist in the name or branding yourself as communist does not make you communist.
Are you a Muslim?

Yes :biggrin:
None of those regimes are anything near communism. Having communist in the name or branding yourself as communist does not make you communist.

I knew you were going to argue that point, I just knew it. Either way you look at it, the attempt to put in action Marx's principles has failed drastically and caused much death and misery for the ordinary people it was intended to protect. Communism does not work in practice. Capitalism is much better for the average person than communism

Latest