The Student Room Group

Will the UK keep free movement?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Freedom of movement is a dealbreaker for many who voted to Leave. Immigration was one of the biggest issues, behind sovereignty.

No chance a PM could get away with allowing it.

The EU have made it very clear. No free movement means no access to the single market. The UK will go very downhill if we leave the single market. I think the next PM will value keeping our economy intact over what racist people want
We've never had free movement of people lmao, and if you think we will require to have it, look at USA and China
Original post by orton6
The EU have made it very clear. No free movement means no access to the single market. The UK will go very downhill if we leave the single market. I think the next PM will value keeping our economy intact over what racist people want

Not wanting mass immigration (on a scale which is unprecedented in our history) is not racist.

There is the rest of the world to trade with, if you haven't forgotten.
Not wanting mass immigration (on a scale which is unprecedented in our history) is not racist.

There is the rest of the world to trade with, if you haven't forgotten.

Lol.

Yeh. You said that before. You said that after. It still hasn't happened.

No one has even bothered to even start talks informally. *
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Yeh. You said that before. You said that after. It still hasn't happened.

No one has even bothered to even start talks informally. *

The referendum was two weeks ago. Were you expecting the UK to have trade agreements with countries across the world by now?

No point starting informal talks until Article 50 is invoked, and we have a new PM.
The referendum was two weeks ago. Were you expecting the UK to have trade agreements with countries across the world by now?

No point starting informal talks until Article 50 is invoked, and we have a new PM.

*More excuses.*

I am not saying entering in full trade talks. I said informal talks.*

It won't be the PM doing the negotiating to get a **** FTA with the US.
Hopefully not.

*More excuses.*

I am not saying entering in full trade talks. I said informal talks.*

It won't be the PM doing the negotiating to get a **** FTA with the US.

So a country is supposed to establish global trade connections within two weeks. Are you retarded?

And yes, informal talks is what I said. In a different sentence, in a different line.

Then who will it be, o wise one?
So a country is supposed to establish global trade connections within two weeks. Are you retarded?

And yes, informal talks is what I said. In a different sentence, in a different line.

Then who will it be, o wise one?

Hahahaha.

Are you retarded isn't a reason .

You are the one claiming that countries all around the world are lining up for a trade deal.( Brexit fiction)

They are clearly not that desperate ( Fact). *
Hahahaha.

Are you retarded isn't a reason .

You are the one claiming that countries all around the world are lining up for a trade deal.( Brexit fiction)

They are clearly not that desperate ( Fact). *

Obviously, it isn't. Expecting trade agreements within two weeks is retarded.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/686038/New-trade-deals-lined-up-for-Britain-after-brexit

http://moneyweek.com/the-uks-potential-new-trade-agreements/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/29/new-zealand-offers-uk-its-top-trade-negotiators-for-post-brexit/

I claimed no such thing, but plenty of countries are looking for trade deals. Do you not do any research?
Obviously, it isn't. Expecting trade agreements within two weeks is retarded.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/686038/New-trade-deals-lined-up-for-Britain-after-brexit

http://moneyweek.com/the-uks-potential-new-trade-agreements/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/29/new-zealand-offers-uk-its-top-trade-negotiators-for-post-brexit/

I claimed no such thing, but plenty of countries are looking for trade deals. Do you not do any research?

Oh great! The express tells me loads of countries are interested without any sources! Fantastic.
Then you have New Zealand offering their trade negotiators without offering a an FTA .*

Thanks, I know how to google and bring up irrelevant articles as well. *

Allie Renison, head of trade policy at the Institute of Directors, said that the civil service would need to "massively scale up" in order to negotiate new trade deals. Ms Renison said that drafting in help from New Zealand could help, although there remained a risk that negotiators would lack familiarity with the UK's regulatory system.

Great. Can't wait. We don't have enough negotiators and we are apparently going to have lots of FTAs from everywhere. **
Oh great! The express tells me loads of countries are interested without any sources! Fantastic.
Then you have New Zealand offering their trade negotiators without offering a an FTA .*

Thanks, I know how to google and bring up irrelevant articles as well. *

Trade agreements don't happen overnight. Besides, we can't enter trade talks until Article 50 is invoked. So your whining is pointless.

Try harder, plebeian
Trade agreements don't happen overnight. Besides, we can't enter trade talks until Article 50 is invoked. So your whining is pointless.

Try harder, plebeian

Didn't say they happened overnight. *They take 8-10 years.*

Don't worry, we can sit and wait 8 years for an FTA that doesn't give free access to a foreign market half way across the globe.*
we can't enter trade talks until Article 50 is invoked.

Who said trade talks? Just said informal talks.*

Has one major country started or expressed interest at a Government level? No.**
Didn't say they happened overnight. *They take 8-10 years.*

Don't worry, we can sit and wait 8 years for an FTA that doesn't give free access to a foreign market half way across the globe.*

Who said trade talks? Just said informal talks.*

Has one major country started or expressed interest at a Government level? No.**

And we'll be trading with Europe in the meantime. We're their biggest market which they can't afford to lose.

Trade or informal, both can't be done just yet.

Your asterisk laden prose is embarrassing.
And we'll be trading with Europe in the meantime. We're their biggest market which they can't afford to lose. g.

Made up. The French and Germans are bigger

Trade or informal, both can't be done just yet. Your asterisk laden prose is embarrassing.. *.

Yeh, it is terrible.

A bit like your insults to cover up the lack of reasoning.

"It just can't be done".*
Made up. The French and Germans are bigger

Yeh, it is terrible.

A bit like your insults to cover up the lack of reasoning.

"It just can't be done".*

https://fullfact.org/europe/where-does-eu-export/

'The UK is the EU's largest single export market in goods, if you treat the UK as if it were outside the EU. The United States is a close second. They make up 16% and 15% of exports to non-EU countries respectively.' 26 Jan 2016

Not made up.

Nothing can be done until it's invoked. We don't know what terms we'll be leaving on. Why have talks (trade or informally) if six months down the line everything has changed? No point.
Reply 38
TheIr0nDuke posting crap as per usual :lol:
Original post by Bryci
TheIr0nDuke posting crap as per usual :lol:

l m a o

butthurt much, remainfag?

the truth is unpopular

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending