The Student Room Group

Guys, do you mind if a girl is not the motherly type?

Scroll to see replies

I do. In fact, it's something of a deal breaker for me.

That said, I'd hazard a guess that most wouldn't mind. :holmes:
Ok thanks, makes sense that you would want someone with similar interests.
Original post by Hydeman
I do. In fact, it's something of a deal breaker for me.

That said, I'd hazard a guess that most wouldn't mind. :holmes:

I dont mean that she'd never make a sandwich, just that her hobby was in sports rather than cooking/housework.
Original post by Esoteric-
So you are basically asking if guys will mind the fact that you're not very feminine?.....I suspect only men who are attracted to females will have an issue with it.

So cooking, making sandwiches and doing laundry are feminine things to do? Says who? And you're generalising what all men find attractive? What, have you done a survey or something?
Original post by redbluedex
So cooking, making sandwiches and doing laundry are feminine things to do? Says who? And you're generalising what all men find attractive? What, have you done a survey or something?

lol youu should be mad at OP. She's a woman but she's the one that's demeaned and trivialised her own gender, basically saying that all women are good for / interested in, is cooking, cleaning and other domestic pursuits.
Original post by Anonymous
I dont mean that she'd never make a sandwich, just that her hobby was in sports rather than cooking/housework.

Hmm, I guess I could live with it, though as another user has said, it might be kinda difficult from the point of view of common interests - I don't play/care about sports at all. :s-smilie:

Anyway, it would probably depend on the individual girl, I think. My initial answer was based primarily on my natural affinity for the caring, motherly types.
(edited 7 years ago)
lol youu should be mad at OP. She's a woman but she's the one that's demeaned and trivialised her own gender, basically saying that all women are good for / interested in, is cooking, cleaning and other domestic pursuits.

I only read OPs first post which seemed fine. You're just being blatantly ignorant.
I only read OPs first post which seemed fine. You're just being blatantly ignorant.

Translation: I'm a woman and a feminist. You have a penis. Everything you say is wrong. Everything I say is right.

lol, you are so see-through
i dont think anyone enjoys being stuck at home cooking and cleaning, man or woman. Also unless you are married, have kids and have chosen to be a housewife, no one should expect you to spend your days at home cooking and cleaning.

There's nothing wrong with you liking sports, its just your post comes across as you kinda saying "I dont like typical girl stuff. will guys still like me?"

Well girls like different things so its hard to pinpoint what typical girl stuff is. These days both genders seem to have a wider more overlapping range of interests
Translation: I'm a woman and a feminist. You have a penis. Everything you say is wrong. Everything I say is right.

lol, you are so see-through

So see through you missed the fact that I'm a guy? :lol:
Reply 30
I get the feeling she'd learn if she lived with me - I'm **** at those things :rofl:
lols you really are in your own world.

I really hope you dont end up as a crazy old cat lady

A crazy cat lady is my ideal woman! <3

I wouldn't go for a woman who wasn't motherly towards cats, she would need to be able to cook as I want to cook with her and for her, she HAS to love cats, that becomes first! <3
I wouldn't want to have a kid with her, but no, it's not the end of the world, people's attitudes change over time.
So see through you missed the fact that I'm a guy? :lol:

Your profile picture would say otherwise 😄
Original post by DauntlessOne
Your profile picture would say otherwise 😄

I just have a young face, guess it's a little girly!
Reply 35
I wouldn't marry a girl that didn't put her career towards the top of her priorities along with her family and myself.
I want to be a power couple, but hope that one day she'd consider raising a family with me...
i'm a girl and i doubt i will find a guy who acts fatherly untill he actually becomes a father. A lot of girls don't see motherly but they become motherly when they r a mother :smile:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
i'm a girl and i doubt i will find a guy who acts fatherly untill he actually becomes a father. A lot of girls don't see motherly but they become motherly when they r a mother :smile:

I think the OP meant it in the caring, lookey after sense traditionally associated with wives, but that's a good point nonetheless. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending