The Student Room Group

depression after exam advice???

sorry to put a damp on the night but have to get this off my chest since im in year 10 I took some gcses early since then I feel so depressed like I have no motivation no energy I used to have lots of motivation I feel its like gone down the drain im really depressed like I lost a stone in weight in one week and all my teachers were worried why im I feeling like this???
Original post by chris2791
sorry to put a damp on the night but have to get this off my chest since im in year 10 I took some gcses early since then I feel so depressed like I have no motivation no energy I used to have lots of motivation I feel its like gone down the drain im really depressed like I lost a stone in weight in one week and all my teachers were worried why im I feeling like this???

Are you worried about the results? Trust me, I know how you feel if this is the case. I literally keep thinking about specific questions I f*cked up in my exams :frown:
I get this but it's fear of failure mostly. I keep thinking of what I've done wrong and it stops me sleeping. :frown:
Reply 3
I gave only 1 exam this year and still anxious.Don't know what will happen next year.
(edited 7 years ago)
OP WHAT IS THE WORST thing that can happen if you mess up your exams? Learn from your mistakes and go for round 2! Anyways im sure you have done well, since your school.believed you were capable of doing it early :h:

Screenshot_20160705-000616.jpg
You lost a stone in a week?
Reply 6
Original post by romansholiday
Are you worried about the results? Trust me, I know how you feel if this is the case. I literally keep thinking about specific questions I f*cked up in my exams :frown:

yess and try to mentally count my ums score im really stressed, I have worked so hard for these exams thank you for you reply
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
You lost a stone in a week?

yess from stress
Reply 8
Original post by Fnt1klo
I gave only 1 exam this year and still anxious.Don't know what will happen next year.

thank you good luck
Reply 9
Original post by perspectives
I get this but it's fear of failure mostly. I keep thinking of what I've done wrong and it stops me sleeping. :frown:

atleast its not only me I have worked for 2 years for theses early gcse day night sick weddings birthdays
yess from stress

If you have stress then go and see your Dr or a counsellor.
yess and try to mentally count my ums score im really stressed, I have worked so hard for these exams thank you for you reply

Omg, I'm exactly the same! Everyday I grab my calculator and try to estimate the amount of UMS I possibly could get in each exam, and then seeing if I could get an A overall :frown: It's just really playing on my mind, and whenever it crosses my mind (results day) I literally start sweating lmao
Reply 12
Original post by romansholiday
Omg, I'm exactly the same! Everyday I grab my calculator and try to estimate the amount of UMS I possibly could get in each exam, and then seeing if I could get an A overall :frown: It's just really playing on my mind, and whenever it crosses my mind (results day) I literally start sweating lmao

omg atleast we are not mad ahahha!! what can we do man im so stressed its like taking over me!! btw whats your name?

write down what you'll do to remedy the situation if your worst case scenario happens so that you're not left feeling it's the 'end of the world'... it's not it may involve retakes etc but there are ways around it. Then you need to plan stuff in for the holiday that you know you enjoy so that you have things to look forward to not simply a black hole of waiting anxiously for results.

Quick Reply

Latest