The Student Room Group

I'm a muslim not a terrorist ask me anything

If you have any questions about my religion feel free to ask trying to stand up for my fellow muslims that are getting discriminated against as it is an alarming issue as people listen to the media way to much and get influenced on what the media say about us however no one knows the real facts so ask away :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yet another muslim ama thread?
*sigh* at last(!) how did we ever manage without it...
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol I used to have such a bad view of Muslims when I was a young kid- then I met a Muslim and we're best friends and you're just normal people with a different religion to me.

My question: what is your favourite food?
can u make salah in the trapyard?
are you a fan of the jews
Reply 5
Original post by Ladbants
Lol I used to have such a bad view of Muslims when I was a young kid- then I met a Muslim and we're best friends and you're just normal people with a different religion to me.

My question: what is your favourite food?

awh thats good that you have changed your views! and it has to be choc
Why is the Muslim community at least somewhat split on acceptance of homosexuality in Islam?

What's the difference between sunni and shia?

Would be great if you could provide some useful/comprehensive/unbiased links for me to read into these.
Reply 7
Original post by TelAviv

in the holy quran its says we should treat people with different views and beliefs the same as our own muslim brothers and sisters so i have no problem with jews were are all human we are all equal why should i have a problem
Reply 8
Original post by magicelephant
can u make salah in the trapyard?

first of all i have no idea whatsoever what a trap yard is haha however you can make saleh (prayer) anywhere as long as you have wudu (your clean and pure) and your intention is pure
do you accept that there are some muslims who are terrorists?
What are you wearing on Eid?

I'm gonna be a lady in red :sexface: :perv:
Original post by TelAviv

I used to be a fan of the Jews,

Spoiler

Original post by hinna1234
If you have any questions about my religion feel free to ask trying to stand up for my fellow muslims that are getting discriminated against as it is an alarming issue as people listen to the media way to much and get influenced on what the media say about us however no one knows the real facts so ask away :smile:

So the prophet married and slept with an 8 year old. Explain?
Reply 13
Original post by Alfred Hitchcock
Why is the Muslim community at least somewhat split on acceptance of homosexuality in Islam?

What's the difference between sunni and shia?

Would be great if you could provide some useful/comprehensive/unbiased links for me to read into these.

well homosexuality is a big topic in islam and yes it is haram (forbidden) however that does not mean we discriminate against people who are homosexual/lesbian/gay/transgender we accept everyone as its forbidden to judge anyone or discriminate. acceptance is a big thing and its not just in muslim communities who have problems accepting it everyone has their own opinions and views, for example my parents would not accept me being bi and i know in this modern day society is okay however thats just my parents they are still in the dark ages however they wouldn't discriminate anyone who was they respect everyone.

The sunni's believed Mohammed's friend Abu Bakr was the rightful “caliph” of Muslims, but shia's thought that his cousin and son-in-law Ali was chosen by Allah to rule. Abu Bakr held the title first until his death, while Ali was crowned caliph fourth after two previous rulers were assassinated. i will research this more for you as this is the only difference i know of as i believe were all Muslims so why categorize we all worship the same god
Original post by Reformed

m9 what sort of a question is this
Reply 15
Original post by Reformed

a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. / this is the meaning of the word terrorist terrorism has no religion yes their are some terrorists who claim to be "muslim" however their are terrorists that are Christians atheists Jews a terrorist can be any religion

What are you studying and what are your future career aims?
Reply 17
Original post by Manchester_123
So the prophet married and slept with an 8 year old. Explain?

i dont know much about this as im just a 16 year old teenager however do you know how many years were going back for example my mum got married at 16 and my grandma even earlier what about 1400 years before that? in those ancient times many nations had other idea's about who was old enough for marriage. Even today, some societies have different laws about the same topic. IF it was that strange at those times to a 9 years girl to marry the non Muslim guys were talk about it and make it a big Islamic disaster but they didn't even mention it,that shows it was not strange.Aisha (prophet pbuh wife) was already engaged to another man before Prophet.
Aisha was a main source of Prophets(pbuh)talkings(hadith) as she was young and could remember better than others. These days girls at year 7-8 (age 12-13) are having boyfriend and having sex but when it comes no marrige NOO THEIR TOO YOUNG but their not too young to have sex and get pregnant are they? this is my opinion i have the right to my opinion don't hate
a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. / this is the meaning of the word terrorist terrorism has no religion yes their are some terrorists who claim to be "muslim" however their are terrorists that are Christians atheists Jews a terrorist can be any religion
i think those that follow islamist doctrine stricktly choose to implement it as a political system - ie in islamic states, islam governs all part of life ie laws, finance, housing, human rights, rules on dress, diet etc etc.it isnt a religion as we may think of one where its of a personal and spiritual benefit so acts taken under islamist ideology can very much be compared to those of political activists - ie communists terrorists etc. islamic bodies accross the global spend billions on trying to spread influence of islam in various societies
Reply 19
i am currently studying religious studies,media studies,triple science,business studies,computing and hope to be a teacher or an islamic activist to stand up for my religion as the Islamophobia is only getting worse these days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending