The Student Room Group

Why didn't this uni reject me,

So I have just gotten a conditional offer from a uni and in the offer they are asking for a grade b in Maths. Im a mature student so I already have all of my grades listed on my UCAS, so why didnt they just reject me when they saw that I only have a Maths grade C... ?
Original post by lolakirk
So I have just gotten a conditional offer from a uni and in the offer they are asking for a grade b in Maths. Im a mature student so I already have all of my grades listed on my UCAS, so why didnt they just reject me when they saw that I only have a Maths grade C... ?

That's a bit odd. If I was you I'd give them a quick call to double check they haven't made a mistake. Are you waiting for more exam results this summer?

If you didn't put that you were resitting your maths, then it can only be a mistake, as it isn't possible to reach the conditions now. You will have to call them and sort it out.
Reply 3
Original post by She-Ra
That's a bit odd. If I was you I'd give them a quick call to double check they haven't made a mistake. Are you waiting for more exam results this summer?

Nope I am not waiting for results!
Nope I am not waiting for results!

In that case definitely ring them. You don't want to find out that you've met your offer on results day but then they don't accept you based on your Maths grades.

The call could lead to disappointment now, but at least then you can prepare to go to your insurance choice or find another through Clearing.

Let me know if you have any other questions :h:
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you didn't put that you were resitting your maths, then it can only be a mistake, as it isn't possible to reach the conditions now. You will have to call them and sort it out.

No, I didnt put that I was resitting it, I have got all of my results. I got an offer which seems to be a kind of copy-and pasted paragraph because it doesnt just say 'please provide proof of the qualifications listed on your application', it actually says 'provide proof of your qualification including a B in Maths plus TOEFL at least 90 with 22 in speaking and so on, I dont know why they specified what I need to achive in my TOEFL as I have already got my TOEFL and I scored higher than that, its on my application.

But I was just thinking about it now and I remember that when I applied to uni in 2014, one of my choices did a similar thing, they asked me for higher grades than I had already achieved, it also just looked like they copy and pasted a standard offer, and I emailed them and they said it was a mistake and I was accepted anyway... I guess I will ask them...
Reply 6
Original post by She-Ra
In that case definitely ring them. You don't want to find out that you've met your offer on results day but then they don't accept you based on your Maths grades.

The call could lead to disappointment now, but at least then you can prepare to go to your insurance choice or find another through Clearing.

Let me know if you have any other questions :h:

I want to email them with my qualifications anywayas well as ask them about it, but I was just thinkign arent you supposed to quote your UCAS number in an email? Am I supposed to quote my original ucas number, the new one I got after I sent off my application OR my track number? :s-smilie:
I want to email them with my qualifications anyway as well as ask them about it, but I was just thinkign arent you supposed to quote your UCAS number in an email? Am I supposed to quote my original ucas number, the new one I got after I sent off my application OR my track number? :s-smilie:

I believe it's your UCAS Personal ID number (not Track ID) - you might want to double check with UCAS on that one.

Good luck with your email, let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 8

They sometimes let you in if you haven't quite got the grades.

They can make an exception based on your personal statement, overall UCAS points, or portfolio and interview if you had one.
Reply 9
Original post by omfgalib
They sometimes let you in if you haven't quite got the grades.

They can make an exception based on your personal statement, overall UCAS points, or portfolio and interview if you had one.

Yes I know, but in that case it would make more sense for them to just say 'send evidence of the qualifications you listed' instead of making an offer with grades I havent met, thats why I am worried. :s-smilie: I sent them an email just now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending