The Student Room Group

Maintenance grant

Hello everyone! Me and my boyfriend came to UK in 2013. We decided go to the university this year and applied for maintenance grant but unfortunately we're working less then 36 months (I started in October 2013, my boyfriend December 2013) so we can't apply yet for non-repayable maintenance grant. We don't have any financial support from ours parents so we decided to wait another year of going to the University and working one more year to be able apply for maintenance grant in 2017. We would like to buy a house on mortgage this year and my question is: can we get maintenance grant and loans for tuition fees next year if we will have mortgage? Thanks for help
Original post by P&Al
Hello everyone! Me and my boyfriend came to UK in 2013. We decided go to the university this year and applied for maintenance grant but unfortunately we're working less then 36 months (I started in October 2013, my boyfriend December 2013) so we can't apply yet for non-repayable maintenance grant. We don't have any financial support from ours parents so we decided to wait another year of going to the University and working one more year to be able apply for maintenance grant in 2017. We would like to buy a house on mortgage this year and my question is: can we get maintenance grant and loans for tuition fees next year if we will have mortgage? Thanks for help

Maintainance grants are no longer available to any students starting in England.But yes you can get the loans with a mortgage.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Maintainance grants are no longer available to any students starting in England.But yes you can get the loans with a mortgage.

Thank you to let me know. I didn't know... so like a future EU students: what type of finance I qualify for ? Are there any financial aids if I worked here for the past 35 months?
Original post by P&Al
Thank you to let me know. I didn't know... so like a future EU students: what type of finance I qualify for ? Are there any financial aids if I worked here for the past 35 months?

You'd only get the tuition fee loan. You have to live in the uk for the previous 5 years to get the maintenance loan.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
You'd only get the tuition fee loan. You have to live in the uk for the previous 5 years to get the maintenance loan.

I founded some information on SFE that I can get some additional help "migrant workers" if I'm working in the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending