The Student Room Group

What is tsr view on interracial adoption?

It is a bit of a sensitive topic, but I am not really sure on the topic

Scroll to see replies

I see no issue with it :dontknow:
Personally I would not adopt And it might look weird two white people raising a different race of child but I have no problem for it as long as the child and parents are happy. one more child in a good home is fantastic
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Mason

Start us up.
What is YOUR view?
Would never adopt, they're not genetically yours, you're basically cucking yourself.
Adoption is far better than children being in the care system. Thousands of children are raised in families where the parents live together or are of a different race and colour, so I see no reason why adoption should be any different. The best outcome is that a child is loved, regardless of the family structure.
Original post by M14B
Start us up.
What is YOUR view?

What's your take on the subject, Blue Mason?
With respect. This shouldn't even be a question.
Reply 8
Original post by fatima1998
Again i dont think its related to chat forum :erm: maybe society forum like iEthan mentioned before :cute:

@iEthan, I keep forgetting that their is a society section

Original post by M14B
Start us up.
What is YOUR view?

It can work, but at the same time time i find it odd when celebrities do it.
@iEthan, I keep forgetting that their is a society section

It can work, but at the same time time i find it odd when celebrities do it.

Do your best to remember. :proud:
Original post by iEthan
With respect. This shouldn't even be a question.

Why not?
Adoption is a sensitive process, and I understand with race being a sensitive topic, but it does not hurt to have these discussions as long as no one is insulted or offended
Again I will not mention any race,names or obvious examples
Why not?
Adoption is a sensitive process, and I understand with race being a sensitive topic, but it does not hurt to have these discussions as long as no one is insulted or offended

Because it doesn't matter, if anyone wants to adopt, they can. It's a totally irrelevant discussion. If the people wishing to adopt are capable as parents, will provide a good home and care for the child in a positive environment then quite frankly who gives? It's nobody else's business anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Being poor or homeless are also sensitive subjects, especially to those here who have been or are on the receiving end of it, but it didn't stop you insulting and offending then.
And why shouldn't celebrities adopt? Are they not just as capable of giving a child not of their own race a good, stable, loving home?
Why not?

Cool :tongue: In my opinion. I dislike it when a couple does it cause they find mixed kids or kids from a certain race attractive.
Like, why would you do that?:s-smilie:
Original post by iEthan
Because it doesn't matter, if anyone wants to adopt, they can. It's a totally irrelevant discussion. If the people wishing to adopt are capable as parents, will provide a good home and care for the child in a positive environment then quite frankly who gives? It's nobody else's business anyway.

But If we were to bring culture and identity into this, it matters to the child, and hence the discussion comes into place

Original post by Seamus123
Being poor or homeless are also sensitive subjects, especially to those here who have been or are on the receiving end of it, but it didn't stop you insulting and offending then.
And why shouldn't celebrities adopt? Are they not just as capable of giving a child not of their own race a good, stable, loving home?

I did not mean to insult, nor offend anyone.
But I did learn a lot from that thread
But If we were to bring culture and identity into this, it matters to the child, and hence the discussion comes into place

I did not mean to insult, nor offend anyone.
But I did learn a lot from that thread

Oh my god. Let's put this into perspective.

What we're talking about here are children that, for whatever reason, don't have a full-time parent or are in the care of the state. Many of these children will have gone through so much emotional trauma and devastation throughout their lives, no matter when they joined the care system… be it LAC, 12+ or 16+. The adoption process is long and complicated. Both the interests of the child and the person(s) that wish to adopt are taken into full consideration. There are trials, checks and procedures in place. If the looked after child does not wish to be adopted by the potential parent, they don't have to be adopted. If those looking to adopt don't wish to adopt the child, they also… don't have to.

It is very likely that this parentless child will be overjoyed to be adopted into a family and perhaps get their right to some form of normality, even if it will never be the same as living with a birth parent and never, ever getting the privilege of being raised in a problem-free home and so I highly, highly doubt they'll have a problem with the race of the person(s) wanting to adopt them.

Rate of child adoption is a very real issue in this country. With children aged 12+ in care homes or temporary fostering placements more than ever. So no, I don't think that race is or ever will be a problem for these children and you are so, so wrong to assume so. Shame on you.
I was brought up in care. I would have loved to have been adopted and I wouldn't have cared if the prospective parents had green and pink spots.
Original post by Seamus123
I was brought up in care. I would have loved to have been adopted and I wouldn't have cared if the prospective parents had green and pink spots.

My mum is a group manager for social services in a local authority. It's really good that you are being honest and have had the courage to speak out. :hugs:
Why would there be a problem with it?

If someone needs a good home and someone else wants to provide it then I fail to see any issue.
Adoption wasn't an option in the care system in the 40's and 50's. I was a foundling baby in 1948 and spent my whole childhood in care. Adoption was very rare in those days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending