The Student Room Group

General Sexism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IronicalMan
Ewww ein Marxist, follows the beliefs of a man that never worked in his life and wrote drivel, funded by the son of a factory owner exploiting the masses, is that your double standard?

personal attack: when i dont have anything else to say
Original post by Anonymous
Why is men objectifying women considered evidence of how sexist we all are, yet the app Lulu has millions of users and no one bats an eyelid?
Why is it considered unacceptable for women to be held to any 'ideal' body shape, but holding men to the 'shredded' ideal is fine?
Why is it that women are given significantly lesser sentences than men for identical crimes?
Why are women who have sex with minors considered to be so much better than men who do the same?
And I could go on......

I'd argue that men, more than women, suffer from double standards in the 21st century western world.

Incidentally, to answer your question, there's some evidence to suggest it has its roots in evolution. Essentially, if a male of a species can mate with multiple females it implies that they hold some advantage over their competitors, making them a more suitable mating partner. On the other hand, if a female mates with many males then there's a lesser chance of any given male successfully passing on their genes by mating with that female, making them a less suitable mating partner. Evolutionary psychology gets a lot of bad press it doesn't deserve.

Ok, yes I do agree with your above points, they are true, but the fact of the matter is that women suffer more than men do.

Your middle paragraph is disgusting. It trivialises all of the rape victims there are, those who get cat called, told to wear heels and short skirts etc. Self-entitled prick.

That simply isn't true. I see no evidence for that. Furthermore, following your logic, I should kill all my rivals because lions do that right?!!:?!
Original post by IronicalMan
Also you're generalizing everything you see on the thread, ofc "guys" SEXIST WORD U FASCIST, feel entitled to a girl, everyone wants a girl.

I don't!!! I'm gay.

Stop generalizing :P
Original post by Mancini
We all objectify people, men & women it just happens that when a men does it he is deemed some sort of threat or sexist. So it's actually the anti male haters in here likely females and male feminists who are in-fact being sexist to males.

You are a fool. Why do women have a significantly higher chance of being sexually assaulted, and there is generally a system of opression against women. Don't try and make yourself into a victim.
Original post by Mancini
Everyone get's abused in the streets, this crime is not only specific to women.

Lad culture is a term created by some anti male angry feminist looking for feminist rep, maybe to sell her latest women studies book.

You are self victimising even as a guy you can do that , we can all do, it does not depend on your sex but on your mentality.

So if it is non-sex specific, why does it happen way more to women and others oppressed groups but not to the straight white male??
Original post by joecphillips
The female equivalent of rape is some sub section of sexual assault as women can never be held to the same standard as men, when was the last time a women was charged for sleeping with a drunk man?

Also would you want a man who has slept around a lot?

You are so wrong - as I have pointed out to others above.

Yes, actually, I would - it means they know their way around the bedroom. Also, it is none of my buisness who they have ****ed, I'm not judgemental like that. I'm only intolerant of the intolerants!
Original post by iamamarxist
So if it is non-sex specific, why does it happen way more to women and others oppressed groups but not to the straight white male??

Females are much easier targets, much more risky to try and do it to a man.

In fact i'm pretty sure that it's much more likely for a man to be assaulted in the streets than for a woman, I don't know why his is, but there you go.
Reply 48
Original post by keturah
What?

😘😋 :console:

What if there is no safe space :afraid:
(edited 3 years ago)
Having browsed this subsection of TSR recently, why do loads of guys here feel so ****ing entitled to girls! There is such a double standard when it comes to having sex, for guys it is cool for them to do it as much as possible, but for girls if they've ever had sex they are 'sluts'. What gives the sexless freaks on here the feeling that they can judge people who are going out and enjoying themselves?

They're just words on the internet, stop being so salty.

#SAFESPACE #TRIGGERED #DIECISSCUM #PRVILAGEDWHITEMALE
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50

I have no idea when this discussion turned into a question about the straight white male or other racial groups. Perhaps this is another example of you trying to paint a picture of yourself as victim.
Reply 51
Original post by keturah
What?

Lovely thumbnail instantly reminded me of you. :smile:
Reply 52
You are a fool. Why do women have a significantly higher chance of being sexually assaulted, and there is generally a system of opression against women. Don't try and make yourself into a victim.

Explain this general system of oppression against women please, I really don't know what you are talking about.
Original post by Mancini
Lovely thumbnail instantly reminded me of you. :smile:

Ah thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending