The Student Room Group

What is tsr view on interracial adoption?

Scroll to see replies

I'm slightly cynical about some celebrities reasons for doing this, but again I commend them all the same for the reasons quoted above.
I don't see the problem
What views could anyone possibly have about this? It's 2016, if a child has no parents and lives in an orphanage, it is better off with any kind of parents, unless said parents are drug addicts / cannibals / pedophiles, who cares if the parents are a different race from a child, this isnt nazi germany. I dont see how this is a 'sensitive subject' unless you are a racist lmao
Original post by iEthan
With respect. This shouldn't even be a question.

^^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
^^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why are you even picking on me?
Original post by Blue_Mason
Why are you even picking on me?

Because you made this thread
And thousands others which I viewed, all of which were completely unnecessary
:yep:

Spoiler

What's wrong with giving someone a home?

I'm a British-Pakistani that's been adopted by a White family. I'm really grateful to be taken in by my adopted family.
Because you made this thread
And thousands others which I viewed, all of which were completely unnecessary
:yep:

Spoiler

Well lets be civil, and I think your profile pic is adorable.
There is no need for any type of animosity towards me.
Original post by Lord Gaben
What's wrong with giving someone a home?

I'm a British-Pakistani that's been adopted by a White family. I'm really grateful to be taken in by my adopted family.

Nothing is wrong, but lets say I adopt a child and that child is given whatever it needs, but if the child were to grow up without any mention of its identity, is wen I see a problem
Well lets be civil, and I think your profile pic is adorable.
There is no need for any type of animosity towards me.

Sure non of that um whateva towards you but a bit towards ur posts m80 :teehee:

Spoiler

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have a lot of adopted family members because one thing my family got right is their desire to be generous and spare any little money they have to kids in need. Many of them are white, some black, some mixed. It makes no difference what their ethnicity is, they just need a loving home.
Nothing is wrong, but lets say I adopt a child and that child is given whatever it needs, but if the child were to grow up without any mention of its identity, is wen I see a problem

What do you mean by identity?
What possible problems would any sane person have with it? Or is this another bait thread?
Original post by lucabrasi98
What possible problems would any sane person have with it? Or is this another bait thread?

It's another bait thread by TSR's very own wind up merchant.
Sure non of that um whateva towards you but a bit towards ur posts m80 :teehee:

Spoiler

Indeed

Original post by Lord Gaben
What do you mean by identity?

Your race, your culture, your social background

Your race, your culture, your social background

I don't think that should stop someone from adopting.

Identity is not fixed, it changes with time. People in all walks of life have to face identity issues. I had a lot identity issues when I was growing up, but I didn't let them hold me back. I don't define myself by the colour of my skin, or my ethnic background, but rather as the product of my experiences. Identity is transient, so to some degree we all have to deal with identity issues.
I think the race doesn't matter. What matters is that the child will grow up in a stable, loving family who aim to reflect God's love for us.
This is definitely not a "controversial issue". Speaking as a conservative, any parent(s) is better than no parent(s).
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Would never adopt, they're not genetically yours, you're basically cucking yourself.

What about barren couples?
Original post by Mactotaur
What about barren couples?

In that case I do understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending