The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Sex and Relationship Education

Scroll to see replies

There is no need to teach children about non-traditional sexual relationships.
Reply 21
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I'm not sure if there is more in school now, but when I was at school there was next to no sex/relationship education regarding LGBT+.

Should there be more, and what should be taught? I think more education would be helpful for those who are LGBT+ to help accept themselves. Also to reduce discrimination, keep LGBT+ people practise safe sex, and not have to resort to other sources, such as the internet, to gain information.

What would you like to see from more LGBT+ education?

I think this is an excellent point actually. There was no speak of LGBT sex ed. Our sex ed classes were very very poor even for hetero peeps.

Definitely feel this issue should be raised politically if necessary.
I don't think we should be encouraging homosexual activities tbh
Original post by Unown Uzer

Care to elaborate?

Original post by Trapz99

Ignoring the fact that there's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexual activity, there's a rather obvious flaw with that notion. Namely, that whether or not you educate on it, it will still happen. So you essentially have two options: 1) Don't bother educating people on the topic, resulting in them being at risk... or 2) Accept that education won't change anything, and actually explain to them how to be safe.

Original post by Trapz99

Exactly why we need more education about LGBT, to tackle this homophobia and ignorance. You aren't going to 'stop' or 'cure' it, let's stop living in archaic and discriminatory times.

100 years ago, being with someone of a different religion or race was looked down on, if not illegal, to not allow a white and black person to be together now would make people horrified - love is love.
As a Christian, I don't think it's right to be teaching about homosexual activities, especially towards young children as it would encourage them to participate in these activities. We should instead encourage abstinence before adulthood and we should minimise the level of sex education that is taught.
they just said they get aids (im being serious)
Original post by Ladbants
As a Christian, I don't think it's right to be teaching about homosexual activities, especially towards young children as it would encourage them to participate in these activities. We should instead encourage abstinence before adulthood and we should minimise the level of sex education that is taught.

are u virgin
It would just encourage the homosexual lifestyle. We shouldn't really have sex ed at (I don't think its appropriate for children) but if we do it should be for normal hetero sex.
Original post by Antediluvian
We shouldn't foster degeneracy.

Alright, you can sit outside then.

How far back do you want to go for non-traditional? The Greeks and Romans had gay sex which was about as close to tradition as you can get.
Original post by hoping4thebest
It would just encourage the homosexual lifestyle. We shouldn't really have sex ed at (I don't think its appropriate for children) but if we do it should be for normal hetero sex.

Why should we encourage the heterosexual lifestyle, then?
Original post by Call Me Juan
are u virgin

Yes. I don't believe in sex before marriage.
Original post by Mactotaur
Why should we encourage the heterosexual lifestyle, then?

It is the lifestyle that God intends us to have. The homosexual lifestyle goes against God's wishes.
I'm afraid what you said about there being no education of the LGBT community back then is still the same today. To say we live in Western Europe, one of the most liberal places on Earth, it's pretty shameful that we don't teach our youth about being LGBT, but then there's all the pathetic idiots who go about saying that 'Oh, LGBT education will hurt our children' but what they don't get is that the younger generations are pretty much already screwed, so what's the big deal? It's time we buck our ideas up and start adding things to the school curriculum that actually help kids learn about the world they will eventually be forced into.
Reply 35
It's been 3/4 years since I was in a sex ed lesson; not one of them touched LTBG (however you arrange the letters - can't see the proper bit down here in the text editor. Most of the stuff I know I learnt from friends & family. Sex ed was so dire that there was one point where I was convinced that the penis was just another testicle...
It is the lifestyle that God intends us to have. The homosexual lifestyle goes against God's wishes.

But God cannot objectively be proven to exist, while the existence of gay people (and over a thousand and a half different species of animal exhibiting homosexuality) can be.

Unless, of course, you have some proof that a creator has designs for us.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Exactly why we need more education about LGBT, to tackle this homophobia and ignorance. You aren't going to 'stop' or 'cure' it, let's stop living in archaic and discriminatory times.

100 years ago, being with someone of a different religion or race was looked down on, if not illegal, to not allow a white and black person to be together now would make people horrified - love is love.

I still don't feel like children should be forced to learn about sex at school, especially homosexual sex. I think parental permission should be given for these lessons. At my school, parental permission forms were given a few days before the lessons.
Reply 38

Can you come up with a logical argument that doesn't depend on some deity that may not even exist?
Original post by Trapz99
I still don't feel like children should be forced to learn about sex at school, especially homosexual sex. I think parental permission should be given for these lessons. At my school, parental permission forms were given a few days before the lessons.

Would you rather they learn about it by trial and error, or from a source which is (or at least should be) accurate and safe?

Also, what's wrong with homosexual sex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending