The Student Room Group

Muslim Girl& White Boyfriend

I am a 17 year old Muslim girl and I have a white boyfriend!! It's come to the point where he wants me to tell my parents about us!! I love him so much just like he loves me back twice as much!! How do I tell my parents about him, as he really wants me to tell them about him!! His mum and dad and brothers knows about us but none of my family knows about us!!
What should I do?! How do I tell my mum?!

Scroll to see replies

You wait until you're 18 and can bail if necessary.
Reply 2
haraam smh
Say mum I want to get married I like this guy,,,
It sounds way better to a muslim mother than Mum I have i boyfriend he is White and I LOVE HIM!
r ur parents religious? :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Too many exclamation marks. Obvious troll attempt.

LOL
TOO MUCH TROLLS ON TSR :argh::ahee:
There are White Muslims you know..
Reply 6
Original post by PrincessBO$$
LOL
TOO MUCH TROLLS ON TSR :argh::ahee:

Many*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he a muslim white boyfriend?

Not that it makes any difrerence, your parents are ethnic, ethnic parents are racist. Even if he were a hafiz it would be a shitstorm cuz hes white.

Source: Family members who have become pariahs because they married white women who reverted.
Reply 8
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Say mum I want to get married I like this guy,,,
It sounds way better to a muslim mother than Mum I have i boyfriend he is White and I LOVE HIM!
r ur parents religious? :tongue:

They are a bit religious yeah like they want you to wear a scarf do the prayers and stuff and haha that's true
Reply 9
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
You wait until you're 18 and can bail if necessary.

What you mean
Original post by Oilfreak1
Is he a muslim white boyfriend?

Not that it makes any difrerence, your parents are ethnic, ethnic parents are racist. Even if he were a hafiz it would be a shitstorm cuz hes white.

Source: Family members who have become pariahs because they married white women who reverted.

No he is fully white
What you mean

When you're 18 it doesn't matter if your parents get angry, you can run away legally.
Don't do it. I know you're very young and supposedly in love but don't let this guy ruin your religion and future. Your parents will never accept him and even if they did a Muslim woman can't get married to a non muslim. It is haram. Do yourself and him a favour and break it off.
Reply 13
Don't do it. I know you're very young and supposedly in love but don't let this guy ruin your religion and future. Your parents will never accept him and even if they did a Muslim woman can't get married to a non muslim. It is haram. Do yourself and him a favour and break it off.

Terrible advice. Love and happiness are worth more than religion.
Love and happiness is worth the worldMy fiancee is muslim and I myself am white (granted I converted for her) but for us everything was kept quiet for about 20 months and it was once we got engaged she told her family and made it clear that no one was going to come between us or stop the chance of our future.Its just about standing up and standing firm. As surely what matters most is your happiness. Surely they should be happy to see you have found love and happiness and found someone who treats you right.
No he is fully white

You can't be 'fully white' and Muslim? What are you, an 8 year old? :lol:
No he is fully white

Just hope you're aware you can be a "fully white" muslim.
Just tell your parents you have a boyfriend...if they get mad leave them. Shouldn't intervene with your relationship, just marry him. If your parents just freak out just because he's white. well damn. that's not right
(edited 7 years ago)
I am a 17 year old Muslim girl and I have a white boyfriend!! It's come to the point where he wants me to tell my parents about us!! I love him so much just like he loves me back twice as much!! How do I tell my parents about him, as he really wants me to tell them about him!! His mum and dad and brothers knows about us but none of my family knows about us!!
What should I do?! How do I tell my mum?!

Too many exclamation marks.
I have a feeling you think islam is a race and not a religion, the stuff that your parents make you do is quite basic in islam and if you consider it strict then I question your religious identity.
Now, (assuming that you're a devoted muslim girl who isn't just saying that because her parebts are muslim) being in a relationship/marrying a non-muslim is haram, firstly, because he will have an influence on you, driving you away from islam ,secondly, if you have children it would be extremely difficult for you to bring them up as devoted muslims since their dad isn't one.
If you're just saying that you're muslim because your parents are muslims then do whatever you want, it is your life, your choices, and your will. That is what god gave you, a free-will to do whatever you want in life, however, you'll have to answer for it in the afterlife (if you believe in that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending