The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Students: Please Answer - DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

Do I have a chance of getting in to Ox/Cambridge with my GCSE results? They're far from outstanding so I'm just seeing whether it is worth even applying. Thanks guys:

A*, A, A, A, A, B, B , C, C
Course?

You have a chance at cambridge if you do really really really really good at AS and then A2
GCSEs are a drop in the ocean compared to your AS & A2 results, don't worry yourself too much.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Course?

You have a chance at cambridge if you do really really really really good at AS and then A2

Law.... and I take it Oxford is a no chance?
Original post by studentjjs
Do I have a chance of getting in to Ox/Cambridge with my GCSE results? They're far from outstanding so I'm just seeing whether it is worth even applying. Thanks guys:

Apart from Medicine, yes. Your GCSEs are not of huge importance for other subjects.

Yeah oxford no chance (im sure they do that points system or is that just for medicine?), if you do very well at AS, then make an awesome PS showing your intrest then you have a chance at cambridge. Its worth a try

Did you finish your GCSEs this year? If so, how do you know your grades given that results day is in August?

Don't lose heart with Oxford; I've seen one candidate get in with 1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs and a C
Original post by Redcoats
Don't lose heart with Oxford; I've seen one candidate get in with 1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs and a C

Nope, going into A2 but seeing the majority of Oxford students have GCSE results with at least 5 A* with 5 As minimum has made me feel like I'd probably be wasting my time. I just want to know what I have to do to get in! LOL
Nope, going into A2 but seeing the majority of Oxford students have GCSE results with at least 5 A* with 5 As minimum has made me feel like I'd probably be wasting my time. I just want to know what I have to do to get in! LOL

Correlation is not necessarily causation. Many people with top A Level and entry exam results will also have top GCSE results. If you can do well at A Level and any entry exams then that's fine.
hey, don't stress. you should be asking whether or not oxbridge is good enough for you! these results are still exceptional, and if you want to apply for oxbridge - who is stopping you? you won't know unless you try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

You have posted in the Cambridge forum.

Also, Plagioclase has your answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah
hey, don't stress. you should be asking whether or not oxbridge is good enough for you! these results are still exceptional, and if you want to apply for oxbridge - who is stopping you? you won't know unless you try.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Original post by jneill
You have posted in the Cambridge forum.

Also, Plagioclase has your answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is Plagioclase?
Reply 14
What is Plagioclase?

Who, not what. Say hello to Plagioclase:
Original post by Plagioclase
Correlation is not necessarily causation. Many people with top A Level and entry exam results will also have top GCSE results. If you can do well at A Level and any entry exams then that's fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
What is Plagioclase?

Plagioclase

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending