The Student Room Group

Any advice on a university for me?

I'm looking for a large university so theres lots of opportunities to meet friends, also somewhere near shops and bars for a good night out. I'm interested in studying a science- based course or law, any suggestions on suitable universities in the UK? Any replies thanks
Original post by studentam
I'm looking for a large university so theres lots of opportunities to meet friends, also somewhere near shops and bars for a good night out. I'm interested in studying a science- based course or law, any suggestions on suitable universities in the UK? Any replies thanks

Wow that's very broad, but it sounds like you want to be in a big city if you're keen on nightlife and bars, so maybe one of the London universities if you can afford it- or if you're looking for cheaper or a bit smaller, Birmingham,Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc? Depends where you want to be in the UK I guess! If you're an international student bear in mind the UK does get a lot colder the further you go up North!
Reply 2
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
Wow that's very broad, but it sounds like you want to be in a big city if you're keen on nightlife and bars, so maybe one of the London universities if you can afford it- or if you're looking for cheaper or a bit smaller, Birmingham,Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc? Depends where you want to be in the UK I guess! If you're an international student bear in mind the UK does get a lot colder the further you go up North!

I live in the north of the UK already and I'm interested in going to university in the south. In your opinion, which are the best univerities in London to suit my requirements?
Almost every university in an urban area suits these requirements.

What grades are you expecting to get?
Probably best narrowing down your subject choice first before you start worrying about which university is best.
Reply 5
Original post by TelAviv
Almost every university in an urban area suits these requirements.

What grades are you expecting to get?

I've just finished my AS and starting my A-levels now, i've been told that my expected grades are AAB
I've just finished my AS and starting my A-levels now, i've been told that my expected grades are AAB

I'd suggest either Birmingham or Manchester because they're both respected unis and have high student satisfaction ratings. The average acceptance grades for them are AAB too.
I live in the north of the UK already and I'm interested in going to university in the south. In your opinion, which are the best univerities in London to suit my requirements?

The London unis often require AAA for subjects like Law or science, so maybe aim for that and you can apply to literally any of them, UCL, LSE, King's, Imperial, etc..
Original post by Quamquam123
I'd suggest either Birmingham or Manchester because they're both respected unis and have high student satisfaction ratings. The average acceptance grades for them are AAB too.

Aye, I think the OP is wanting to move from the North area, so maybe not Manc for him...
Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending