The Student Room Group

Can I become a teacher with these grades?

Gggfhjj
(edited 7 years ago)
you can pretty much be a teacher if you can pass gcse and a levels
Reply 2
Original post by theBranicAc
you can pretty much be a teacher if you can pass gcse and a levels

Isn't it a bit strange though if you're teaching a subject you didn't get an A in?
Original post by grassntai
Isn't it a bit strange though if you're teaching a subject you didn't get an A in?

no? you just need to be able to teach, which you will learn in a teacher training course

its not like teachers, come up with what they want to teach and how, they just follow the the schools teaching style/structure while teaching the syllabus

not unless you want to be a university teacher or teach in a private school i guess
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Only qualification that matters is your degree.

I got a C in physics but have a masters degree from a top 5 uni which is more important.
Original post by S27
Only qualification that matters is your degree.

GCSE maths and English at a C or above is a requirement. Science too for primary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
It might help to specify which subject you want to teach, where in the country you want to teach, what subsequent qualification you have or are looking to get and what level you wish to teach to.
You need C grade or above at GCSE Maths, English and Science, and a 2:2 in your degree. I can't remember what A level grades they asked for though, they weren't so interested in those.

You need to pass basic skills tests in Maths and English before you start training to be a teacher and they are around GCSE level so bear that in mind too.

You could always contact universities to ask them directly!

13 years ago I got a D in A Level History due to some pretty horrendous personal circumstances (no resits then!) I'm just finishing my nqt year and it's never once been questioned. Also going to be Head of History and Head of Y12 next year.

So, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending