The Student Room Group

How would AQA punish this offence?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
She also had her phone with her during an exam, and even wasted her own time during the exam to pretend to go toilet o_0

My guess is this girl was doing it in the afternoon and slipped out of isolation to check the group chat... still risky as ****
Original post by Alexion
My guess is this girl was doing it in the afternoon and slipped out of isolation to check the group chat... still risky as ****

Nah OP says the girl did it in the morning
Reply 22
Original post by df2397
So basically I was in a group chat of about 45 people, all the ppl came from TSR and it was a group chat relating to one subject.
On the day of the exam someone, who had a clash, did the exam everyone else was doing in the afternoon in the morning. She went toilet with her phone and told everyone what was in the exam to help out the people who was doing it in the afternoon.
This info was then put on to our group chat.
AQA found out about this and now some people in the group chat are now being investigated.
I was investigated yesterday. Personally I didn't do anything other than being in the group chat. Personally I did not believe the leakage of the exam and just took it as other predictions.
Also the info was posted on this website and Facebook. I think this is how AQA found out about it.
So how do you guys think AQA will punish me for being in a group chat?

These are the possible punishment:

a warning (880 given in summer 2014)

loss of marks for a section, component or unit (1,220 in summer 2014)

disqualification from a unit, all units or whole qualifications

a ban from sitting exams for a set period of time.

How those concerned might be punished!

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 21.21.46.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Ya should have snitched!
Original post by DBR247

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 21.19.58.png

The people in the group chat would fall under the loss of marks section wouldn't they?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Nah OP says the girl did it in the morning

ok words lost me

why not wait until after the exam I don't understand
Original post by DBR247

I love that the one who shared the information will be most highly punished even though they're the one that doesn't benefit :rofl:
Reply 27
Original post by Docjones1
The people in the group chat would fall under the loss of marks section wouldn't they?

Have a look in the second column from right.
Original post by DBR247
Have a look in the second column from right.

Yeah. I just got confused because of the highlighting.
Original post by Alexion
I love that the one who shared the information will be most highly punished even though they're the one that doesn't benefit :rofl:

ikr this is why people should be selfish
Reply 30
Original post by Docjones1
Yeah. I just got confused because of the highlighting.

Might not be so good after all for the others involved.

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 21.27.29.png
Reply 31
Original post by DBR247

Interesting
where did you find this from
Reply 32
Original post by df2397
Interesting
where did you find this from

The JCQ suspected malpractice document
Hey guys this is a bit unrelated but if someone before the exam starts opened up the paper and started dicussing the exam questions with those around them, would that count as malpractice ?
What's her name?
Original post by fefssdf
Hey guys this is a bit unrelated but if someone before the exam starts opened up the paper and started dicussing the exam questions with those around them, would that count as malpractice ?

Discussing the questions during the exam? You aren't supposed to talk to anyone...
There are two classes of people.

1. Those who spread the information and they get the severest sanctions up to and including disqualification.
2. The second group are those who did not spread but accepted information, which you may or may not be in. You would have to look at the group chat to see what your role was and what the person distributing it was saying. For instance if she saud she sat the exam in the morning and was putting details up, then if you stayed and carried on that conversation it would look like accepting (assuming you didnt report her). The sanction for tbhis appears to be loss of marks according to JCQ. There was no warning category, but the guidelines are basic. the fact you have been investigated shows they are taking it seriously. The less your participation, then the less severe your offence will be. It really takes them looking at the transcript to see what went on.
Original post by Alexion

Without them the offence wouldnt have been possible Its quite right they get the severest sanction.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Discussing the questions during the exam? You aren't supposed to talk to anyone...

Yep I agree but the invigilators can miss things like this ...
Reply 39
Original post by 999tigger
Without them the offence wouldnt have been possible Its quite right they get the severest sanction.

Truuu

Quick Reply

Latest