The Student Room Group

She has a Boyfriend

Iv worked with this girl for about 5 years now and for the past 2 years Iv started developing feelings for her and realized just how much i do like her to me she is perfect. She has a boyfriend though who she has been with for about 9 years since she left school and they do live together. Even know she does have a boyfriend I know she is not properly happy she hardly speaks about him and the couple of times she does its been about the fact that he doesn't do anything with her like they don't go anywhere together also know this because our mutual friends have said he doesn't do like doing anything and. I don't know whether i should tell her my feelings or not. I have missed opportunities dating other girls just because i keep thinking that it might not work out between them but i don't want to wait in hope especially if there is no chance between us. I wouldn't tell her at work but we are going to a friends birthday party and i think this might be the best time to tell her but should i tell her?
Reply 1
It's not your place to do anything. She's taken, move on.

Go ahead and hint that her relationship isn't great, but don't go confusing the situation.
Honestly, I know it's difficult, but I'd just leave it. You don't want to get in the way of a 9 year relationship. She may not talk about him because she's a private person, she might not feel the need to talk about him all the time. Not speaking about your relationship doesn't mean you're unhappy, just like talking about it all the time doesn't mean you're happy.

By all means tell her how you feel if they break up, but even then I'd leave it a bit. If she's unhappy I'm sure she won't stay in the relationship much longer.
Reply 3
Original post by Changing Skies
Honestly, I know it's difficult, but I'd just leave it. You don't want to get in the way of a 9 year relationship. She may not talk about him because she's a private person, she might not feel the need to talk about him all the time. Not speaking about your relationship doesn't mean you're unhappy, just like talking about it all the time doesn't mean you're happy.

By all means tell her how you feel if they break up, but even then I'd leave it a bit. If she's unhappy I'm sure she won't stay in the relationship much longer.

I dont want to be a home wrecker thats why i have waited for so long but i just have this gut feeling that shes not happy. I feel like she thinks the relationship isnt going anywhere but is still with him just coz she has gotten use to being in a relationship with him I could be completely wrong
It wouldn't stop me, but doood, 2 years make your move quicker

2 ****ing years :rofl:
Reply 5
Wait for they to split up. POUNCE.
Original post by Anonymous
Iv worked with this girl for about 5 years now and for the past 2 years Iv started developing feelings for her and realized just how much i do like her to me she is perfect. She has a boyfriend though who she has been with for about 9 years since she left school and they do live together. Even know she does have a boyfriend I know she is not properly happy she hardly speaks about him and the couple of times she does its been about the fact that he doesn't do anything with her like they don't go anywhere together also know this because our mutual friends have said he doesn't do like doing anything and. I don't know whether i should tell her my feelings or not. I have missed opportunities dating other girls just because i keep thinking that it might not work out between them but i don't want to wait in hope especially if there is no chance between us. I wouldn't tell her at work but we are going to a friends birthday party and i think this might be the best time to tell her but should i tell her?

Unfortunately she has a boyfriend so there isn't anything you can do about it, if she is really unhappy then she will end things, however I would not get your hopes up.
Unfortunately, right now there is no place for you in that situation. She has her life. She lives with her boyfriend in a very serious relationship. Even if she is unhappy, it's up to her to get out of that. Unless she is single, you really shouldn't be making a move. Try and move on. It's the best thing you can do. Even if that relationship does end, I can't imagine she'll be ready to hook up with someone immediately. Not after 9 years. Instead of standing on the sidelines wishing for what you can't have, try and move past her. Do you really think it would be the right thing for her too if you were to tell her this? She could end up pulling away from you, and that would be even more upsetting for you. I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation.
Reply 8
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Unfortunately, right now there is no place for you in that situation. She has her life. She lives with her boyfriend in a very serious relationship. Even if she is unhappy, it's up to her to get out of that. Unless she is single, you really shouldn't be making a move. Try and move on. It's the best thing you can do. Even if that relationship does end, I can't imagine she'll be ready to hook up with someone immediately. Not after 9 years. Instead of standing on the sidelines wishing for what you can't have, try and move past her. Do you really think it would be the right thing for her too if you were to tell her this? She could end up pulling away from you, and that would be even more upsetting for you. I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation.

I know ur probs right and i should just let her be but i feel like shes just content at the moment so she might not end it. I know i could make her happy though but i think i wont tell her and just move on. Your right if she wasnt happy she would end it so maybe im just thinking more of it thanks anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I know ur probs right and i should just let her be but i feel like shes just content at the moment so she might not end it. I know i could make her happy though but i think i wont tell her and just move on. Your right if she wasnt happy she would end it so maybe im just thinking more of it thanks anyway.

I know it really sucks. I've been in this position before as well and he was a good friend of mine but had a girlfriend. He was didn't seem all that happy, and it turns out he wasn't, but he stayed because he really loved her anyway. I had no chance there, not until he was single and had moved on. I hope everything works out for you
Just eb a good friend but respect the fact she is in a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending