This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Opinions on LGBT people

Scroll to see replies

They're okay I guess? Why do you care?
Reply 41
Original post by Trapz99
They're okay I guess? Why do you care?

Because, if you read the first quote, I am a member of the LGBT community...
Original post by Adamski191

But why do care what people think of you? I don't care what people think of groups that I belong in...
Reply 43
If people really have the time to criticise the LGBT community then they need to pay attention to what's really important in this world (terrorist attacks etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loveleest
Even in the west is not all that great. A lot still get treated like **** :/
Think about the shooting that recently happened, gay couples still get beaten up, trans people have higher rates of suicide.

Hi. I don't want to come off insensitive or take away the from the LGBT's "spotlight" but there have been plenty of shootings in the USA recently. School shooting,, malls shooting, clubs shooting, church shootings... a lot of shootings. I'm not saying gay people don't experience hate crimes but there has been an increase of shootings recently in the USA.
Original post by SmileyVibe
Hi. I don't want to come off insensitive or take away the from the LGBT's "spotlight" but there have been plenty of shootings in the USA recently. School shooting,, malls shooting, clubs shooting, church shootings... a lot of shootings. I'm not saying gay people don't experience hate crimes but there has been an increase of shootings recently in the USA.

ok
Original post by loveleest
ok

Oh it's not about LGBT. Not really an issue then.
Reply 47
not bothered by them.
Original post by Adamski191

Yes but still why would you care what other people think about you?
Original post by donutellme
Oh it's not about LGBT. Not really an issue then.

Of course it's still an issue. But the two issues are not mutually exclusive. The increase in shootings in the USA recently does not somehow make discrimination against the LGBT+ community a non-issue.

Also, I would like to share this quote with this thread, since there seems to be a lot of people saying that they don't like the "flamboyance" and the gay rallies:
"Gay pride was not born of a need to celebrate being gay, but of our right to exist without persecution. So instead of wondering why there isn't a straight pride, be thankful you don't need one."

You may find gay pride annoying, but it is sending the message to people that they will be accepted and loved, regardless of how they identify, regardless of discrimination they've experienced in the past, and that it is okay to be themselves. Unfortunately, that message is still needed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly, being gay is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I've faced bullying, homophobia from people at school (even at uni occasionally) and from my own family which at the time was a significant knock to my self-esteem. Also, seeing lots of my trans friends going through similar experiences with transphobia this year even in Berlin (this is obviously a significantly different kind of prejudice though) has been a real eye-opener for me in relation to how entrenched anti-LGBT views can be.

But, over time, I've loved seeing how I've grown as a person and have been able to manage these kinds of difficulties by learning more about what it means to accept myself for the person I am. I've also found it really interesting to reconsider my gender as a part of my identity as I've realised that much of what I was taught revolved around toxic-masculine ideals that are really harmful, and that having a sense of pride in my sexual orientation can also involve developing a sustainable and healthy relationship to my sense of being a man, and therefore to masculinity in general.

This is obviously hard at times, but these improvements to my wellbeing are fundamentally connected with my being gay, and all the wonderful lovey-dovey stuff that comes with it (as with many other orientations). So, basically, being gay can be hard but is amazing and inspiring all in all. 🙌
I personally don't have any far-right opinions about LBGT community. I have lesbian and gay friends and i believe they and others are very welcoming in all aspects.
why do they sicken you?
Thread locked due to age.

Latest

Trending

Trending