The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Lol someone said 'the most Tim Duncan way to retire, announce it the day the spotlights on the warriors'

Also I realised my thought process is flawed for the DWade deal to happen, if LeBron is like, I'm worth a billion anyway, he'll just take a payout and let Wade pick up the difference.
Reply 441
Original post by TheLittlestElf
Sad day. He was always gonna retire on the down low :sad:

I had a feeling this was his last year after he pointed to the ceiling whilst he was walking to the locker room in that Game 6 elimination game against OKC.

First Kobe, now Timmy. NBA won't feel the same :frown:
Reply 442
Original post by Malevolent
David West is one I spcifically remember saying he would never ring chase. What a liar :lol:

lmao moist yute :lol:
Original post by eden3
I had a feeling this was his last year after he pointed to the ceiling whilst he was walking to the locker room in that Game 6 elimination game against OKC.

First Kobe, now Timmy. NBA won't feel the same :frown:

Yeah man who's left of that era now? Oh well the guy goes out as probably the greatest PF:adore:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah man who's left of that era now? Oh well the guy goes out as probably the greatest PF*:adore:

Greatest PF no doubt, top 10, some even say top 5 with solid arguments to back it. Timmy was one of the good guys from what I've seen. Glad Kawhi will follow in his footsteps

It's getting real folks. All aboard the 2016-17 hype train!
WTF Is going on with this Asterix ********? My TSR posts keep getting * at the end?!? :angry:
Timmys resume is so incredible.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
x

I'll believe it when I see it. A lot like how nobody else would believe KD > GSW until it happened :tongue: This isn't the first off season Wade has postured the Heat for more money. Nor the first off season where a 'Wade/Lebron reunion' has been talked about.

By the way, if anyone wants to read up on the CBA/Salary cap, I recommend this FAQ which basically goes through...well almost every possible question regarding the cap. Into such detail as to include the answer to 'what happens to a players contract if the players dies' :lol: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
THIS IS AMAZING

[video]https://www.facebook.com/FrankCaliendo/videos/10154214621432605/[/video]
Sad day. He was always gonna retire on the down low :sad:

Nah I reckon if KD didn't sign to Warriors he would have stayed another season as Spurs would have still been contenders in the West, chasing that 6th ring. But I reckon he'll retire now indefinitely
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
THIS IS AMAZING

[video]https://www.facebook.com/FrankCaliendo/videos/10154214621432605/[/video]

Jesus when I listen to that the more i laugh. Growth as a player? What a ****ing load of ********. All of that was just such cringey nonsense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 452
Original post by Malevolent
Jesus when I listen to that the more i laugh. Growth as a player? What a ****ing load of ********. All of that was just such cringey nonsense.

I give him 1/10 for effort in trying to make it sound believable :rofl:
Original post by alexschmalex

:rofl: and it shouldn't!
Reported that an NBA Executive has said Westbrook is 100% gone after the coming season, whatever KD decided to do. The amount of money WB can make in a major market (Take New York for example) is much more than the small Oklahoma market.

Given there's no reports that he was present at any of Presti and Co's meetings with KD in trying to keep him at OKC, it makes you wonder if KD knew about that (Which, given their role at OKC together, he probably did). If it turns out it was the case, then there's part of another reason why KD may have decided to jump ship this season as opposed to next.

Either way (If this little storyline is completely wrong), interesting times ahead for Oklahoma. In any case, WB moving on would shatter the team.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/750509938028359680

Aldridge reporting that Lebron won't take the Vet Min to open up the Salary for Wade. As we all expected, given Lebron is the vice pres of the NBAPA and it wouldn't actually open up enough money anyway.

Thinking about it, the only way I could see Wade going to the Cavs would be if someone was traded (See: JR or Love) or Wade takes the MLE. Depends on if he thinks the ring is worth losing ~$16.5mil
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 454
Original post by MrDystopia
x

I'm praying to the basketball gods that Westbrook comes to LA after next season. PLEASE Russ! :redface:

And yeah now the D. Wade to Cleveland scenario is appearing increasingly unlikely, unfortunately. :frown: Dude's been taking pay-cuts his whole career, I don't blame him for going after the money he deserves.
Original post by eden3
I'm praying to the basketball gods that Westbrook comes to LA after next season. PLEASE Russ! :redface:

And yeah now the D. Wade to Cleveland scenario is appearing increasingly unlikely, unfortunately. :frown: Dude's been taking pay-cuts his whole career, I don't blame him for going after the money he deserves.

I mean..I'm biased and I'd say why doesn't WB hook up with his pal KD over here :wink: But that's nigh on impossible :lol:

Realistically, yeah LA would be pretty neat for him. He could sell the same story as Lebron, the whole 'going home' narrative. Plus LA is one of THE top markets so he'd make crazy money in endorsements there. And he could try and revive the LA given their current form.

Thing is though, how much more money can the Heat give up? A $40mil/2years (With a Player Option in the second year I believe) is a great deal for Wade giving he's ageing and they have their future to look out for. They don't want to end up with a 'Kobe contract' where they're shackled with an ageing star who can't really do much for the last few years of his career, whilst still paying out huge money. It's sensible on all fronts to take it slow now.
Reply 456
Original post by MrDystopia
x

LOOOL you're a madman! :lol: If Russ joins you guys GG. Game over. Forget it. Let's all go home. We shouldn't even have any NBA games, just award you guys the championship at the start of the year :rofl:

Yeah those are really good points about LA :biggrin: He's a native and he can make so much use of the market. And we need help NOW, someone who can give us something, anything, for a little instant boost. Although I do believe our rookie Ingram (very fond of his game) will have somewhat of an instant impact - the only thing that worries me is his current frame but I know he'll grow into it over time obviously.

D. Wade isn't getting any younger that's very true. To be fair he's still playing at a fairly high level, certainly looked much younger during the playoffs particularly in the Toronto series. But the wear and tear is inevitably going to catch up on him much sooner rather than later. I agree the Heat really want to avoid what we did with Kobe lol :lol: After the next 2 seasons he will be 36... how much will he have left in the tank by then? We'll see :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Strong belief that KD left cos he knew Russ was leaving next year. Can't blame him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Denver, Milwaukee, Chicago and 'possibly Miami' are meetings all set now by Wade. As if we all don't know he's staying..

Reports now in that the Cavs aren't going to gut the team for Wade, Lebron won't take the min, and they don't have the cap space for him so are essentially out unless they trade major players for him (https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/750687103042760704).

Also Denver have offered him 2 years/$52mil. Miami of course was 2 years/$40mil (Player option 2) and Cleveland can only offer $3.4mil with no trades. I must say, Pat Riley/Heat are doing a great job of not being beaten by Wade's levering for more money :lol:

---------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4rg0o2/transcript_of_an_amazing_brian_windhorst_story/

An interesting story about how the CBA screwed over OKC back when they were deliberating over Harden. Really shows how much had to come together for KD to leave with this all in the background, plus the cap rising, plus GSW having perfect cap space, and the fact OKC were hit out of contention anytime one of their stars was injured. Has been mentioned that KD's shoe sales were plummeting too in the Oklahoma market.

Shame for OKC that this summer it all came together on the wrong side.
(edited 7 years ago)
HAHAHAHA BEST REACTION YET! sgverdbdeb dead THE SONG IN THE BACKGROUND :rofl:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/BasketballAboveAll/videos/1170029876389034/[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest