The Student Room Group

What food should i buy for "breakfast" for dofe?

Excludes cereal bard because of the little grainy annoying bits which go everywhere if it flakes off+it's way too dry.

Any suggestions? I have to carry all my rubbish with me until the end so keep that in mind.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dskinner
Excludes cereal bard because of the little grainy annoying bits which go everywhere if it flakes off+it's way too dry.

Any suggestions? I have to carry all my rubbish with me until the end so keep that in mind.

Porridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Reply 3

I sound very picky but i can't stand it and i didn't mention but something i don't need to cook just open that packet or whatever and just eat

What are those?

Belvita breakfast biscuits?
Reply 5

What are those?

Meal ready to eat, ration packs.
There's many brands of dry meals. All you do is add water and voila. Get the high calorie ones, and I'd recommend you taste them before going.
Reply 7
Original post by Platopus
Belvita breakfast biscuits?

meh trying to stay away from crumbly things because i have to carry all my rubbish
Original post by Dinklebot
Meal ready to eat, ration packs.

oh? can you buy them in shops?
Original post by donutellme
There's many brands of dry meals. All you do is add water and voila. Get the high calorie ones, and I'd recommend you taste them before going.

I guess, then again i can't test anymore my dofe is this Friday until Wednesday next week
Reply 8

Internet.
Reply 9

Yes, any outdoors shop. Black's and millets will have them.

But you're probably not allowed them, you have to prepare meals for DofE, not just reheat them. Check with your supervisor if they're allowed.
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski
Yes, any outdoors shop. Black's and millets will have them.

But you're probably not allowed them, you have to prepare meals for DofE, not just reheat them. Check with your supervisor if they're allowed.

Of course they are ^-^ i'm sure they are?
i got official dofe food last time which looks similar to those, btw i ain't preparing any food in midgey infested areas
Of course they are ^-^ i'm sure they are?
i got official dofe food last time which looks similar to those, btw i ain't preparing any food in midgey infested areas

Don't assume, check.
a salami
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski
Don't assume, check.

sound i got some of that stuff and i check with the person in charge of my school dofe and they said it was ok awesome
Original post by the bear
a salami

i would but i hate salami, i personally can't stand the taste of it
Trust me, you'll be so hungry that anything will taste good on DofE.
The 'oat so simple - golden syrup' porridge was a lifesaver for me. Even though I usually never like porridge, at the time we all felt that it was the tastiest thing in the world lmao.

Spoiler

Reply 15
I sound very picky but i can't stand it and i didn't mention but something i don't need to cook just open that packet or whatever and just eat

You'll have to learn to like it mate; it's either that or cereal bars
Reply 16
Original post by Andy98
You'll have to learn to like it mate; it's either that or cereal bars

scotch pancakes :smile: got that for breakfast, 8 of them too for only 70p i think
Scotch pancakes!
Reply 18
scotch pancakes :smile: got that for breakfast, 8 of them too for only 70p i think

Whatty what what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Croissants, pancakes, muffins etc are really good because if you're in a hurry to get going you can easily eat and walk at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest