The Student Room Group

Tea or Coffee?

Scroll to see replies

I would always tend to tea. As a rule I don't like coffee. It is disgusting in taste. I see that the majority is on my side. No wonder, it is a British forum.*
Original post by Kallisto
I would always tend to tea. As a rule I don't like coffee. It is disgusting in taste. I see that the majority is on my side. No wonder, it is a British forum.*

Very true, for the type of forum. However, I had the feeling when I started it that coffee will lead.
Wilf's hot drink hierarchy:

Bovril (in winter) > Ribena (in winter, blackcurrant flavour) > Green tea w/ lemon > Coffee > Tea
Coffee.
No matter how hard I try I do not like tea. I put like 3 spoons of sugar in and loads of milk and still nope. I even tried fruit teas and green teas and I still don't like it. Maybe there's something wrong with my tastebuds but literally I've been trying to force myself to like it for about 3 years and it's just gross.
Coffee is amazing though and I have withdrawal symptoms from it if I don't drink it. It's my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sgt.Golden
Very true, for the type of forum. However, I had the feeling when I started it that coffee will lead.

Stereotypes always for the win. The British are so predictable. Sometimes I have the feeling British are born with a cup of tea. :mmm:
I think a lot of people just tend to do what they're supposed to do. In Britain, it's normal to drink tea, so everyone does it. Even a working-class guy can go around drinking tea.

Here in the US, people are hesitant to try tea in the first place because it's seen as upper-class, and most of the teas offered are really weak anyway.

Southerners do love iced tea, though. But tea as a hot beverage has just never seriously rivaled coffee as the beverage of choice in any part of the US, as far as I know.
Proper coffee

Most people have only tried instant coffee (which is too strong and vile) or places like Starbucks/Costa who just burn the bloody coffee

Tea is boring for me :colondollar:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Wilf's hot drink hierarchy:

Bovril (in winter) > Ribena (in winter, blackcurrant flavour) > Green tea w/ lemon > Coffee > Tea

Is the Ribena in hot water? :s-smilie:
Costa is my best friend
Original post by Kieran1996
Is the Ribena in hot water? :s-smilie:

Yes. Boil kettle add water to Ribena. Drink from a mug.
Yes. Boil kettle add water to Ribena. Drink from a mug.

That just reminds me of lemsip :O

might give it a go though...
Reply 51
Hate both :tongue:
Original post by Kieran1996
That just reminds me of lemsip :O

might give it a go though...

I like it when I have a chest infection/sore throat.
I like it when I have a chest infection/sore throat.

oh dem times are horrid :frown:
Coffee uber alles.

But not Costa seriously.
Tea!Either Rooibos, or English Breakfast tea.
Tea for drinking throughout the day, Espresso for mornings, Black coffee during the day if you need it, I don't know why but I cant stand milk in coffee.
Just make sure you get good tea from a good company
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Coffee uber alles.

But not Costa seriously.

Costa is grim their latte is basically just milk. They have the weakest coffee ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
coffee
either
expresso, mocha, Irish or what I am drinking right now, the fabled dubstep

Spoiler

Ghrowing up I drank tea because my dad did but when I got to college it was coffee. I like a really good cup of coffee. Maybe some Kona coffee.

Quick Reply

Latest