The Student Room Group

Uni courses in Clearing revealed for 2016

Scroll to see replies

I knew my firm wasn't going to be in clearing, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101
I wana change course from psychology to eng lit at uea(my firm) is it possible to change in august?

What made you change your mind about psychology, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WaywardWriter
I knew my firm wasn't going to be in clearing, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you? That's nice.
Well my course is in there, so thats good I guess? Mind you I think it'll be better to take a look closer to results day.

If my course, a couple days before results day is in clearing, I take it that means its a good sign I'll make it in if I've missed the requirements slightly?
Original post by SlimShady96
Did you? That's nice.

Not really, I had a tiny bit of hope it might be

Posted from TSR Mobile
More unis will come In clearing closer to the day
Original post by Jack1066
Well my course is in there, so thats good I guess? Mind you I think it'll be better to take a look closer to results day.

If my course, a couple days before results day is in clearing, I take it that means its a good sign I'll make it in if I've missed the requirements slightly?

Generally, but not always. Some universities put themselves in clearing to access applicants who can meet their requirements over the firm choice applicants who haven't. This is a rare tactic since surely it's better to take on a committed applicant who has actually chosen to study at the university, but it can happen.
Not 1 course in clearing from my firm uni....... FML
Original post by MrSplash
Not 1 course in clearing from my firm uni....... FML

Some universities opt out of clearing 100% for July and only decide which courses to advertise when the A level results come in.
Original post by PQ
Some universities opt out of clearing 100% for July and only decide which courses to advertise when the A level results come in.

I'm not trying to be rude but, how do you know this?
Original post by Playmaker#10
I'm not trying to be rude but, how do you know this?

over a decade working in universities
Original post by PQ
over a decade working in universities

My bad

:hat2:
Over 1000 courses in clearing for my first choice university... I don't know if this means they haven't updated it or not :frown:

(University of Leeds).

Also, the course I got rejected for at Exeter is in clearing apparently.
Original post by WaywardWriter
What made you change your mind about psychology, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

kind of gone off it and im slightly bored sometimes when i look through...i dont know but when i write/read fiction i come alive....tempted to ask for a change once im there...hows life btw?
(edited 7 years ago)
If your course is in clearing, is that a good thing for you? are they more likely to accept people who miss their offer or hope for clearing laddies? I'm thinking it is obviously the former?
Original post by SlimShady96
However Nottingham are not in clearing for the course I wanted(which was last year) and they are even bigger than Manchester.

Was your course industrial econ, that you wanted to adjust to?
I was sent a personalised (extremely positive) feedback letter from the professor who interviewed me at manchester, will this have any weight on results day WHEN I miss my offer? :tongue:
Original post by Bobjim12
If your course is in clearing, is that a good thing for you? are they more likely to accept people who miss their offer or hope for clearing laddies? I'm thinking it is obviously the former?

It's impossible to draw any conclusions on a course being listed or not listed in clearing

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day
Original post by celiajacobs
I was sent a personalised (extremely positive) feedback letter from the professor who interviewed me at manchester, will this have any weight on results day WHEN I miss my offer? :tongue:

It will be taken into account but it isn't likely to have more weighting than your grades.
Will a uni take into account the college that i go to, i go to a **** college......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending