The Student Room Group

Important question about toothbrushes

Poll

How do you clean your teeth?

Do you put the toothpaste on first and then run it under the tap? Or do you run the toothbrush under the tap and then put the toothpaste on?

Discuss and argue your case below.

(In regards to the poll, if you answered 'different to all of above' then please share as I'm curious! :tongue:)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
Do you put the toothpaste on first and then run it under the tap? Or do you run the toothbrush under the tap and then put the toothpaste on?

Discuss and argue your case below.

I run the toothbrush under the tap, then add the toothpaste. If I do it the other way round then the toothpaste washes off
Reply 2
Toothpaste first. There is no other way.
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
I run the toothbrush under the tap, then add the toothpaste. If I do it the other way round then the toothpaste washes off

I do exactly the same, however my girlfriend does it the other way and it irritates me :unimpressed:
Reply 4
Original post by Mimir
Toothpaste first. There is no other way.

:afraid:
Reply 5
:afraid:

Imagine if someone wet the toothbrush before and after putting on toothpaste. :ninja:
Reply 6
Original post by Mimir
Imagine if someone wet the toothbrush before and after putting on toothpaste. :ninja:

Think that would break my mind if I'm honest :frown: I heard somewhere (I think) that you should wet the toothbrush first because then you're not diluting the toothpaste :K:
I hold the toothbrush under the tap first so its not too hard then I put the toothpaste on. Surely if you did it the other way around it would just wash all of the toothpaste off?
Reply 8
Plot twist

Do you then rinse your mouth out with water, undoing most of the good work your toothpaste should do?
Original post by Mimir

I do this...
Bristles have to be wet first to be nice and soggy. But then you can't have dry toothpaste cos that would be weird so it has to be wet as well
wash it down in the tap first in case someone rubbed their butt on it earlier
Reply 11
Original post by Mimir
Plot twist

Do you then rinse your mouth out with water, undoing most of the good work your toothpaste should do?

Oh dammit, you've got me there! :redface: It just feels weird when the toothpaste dries in your mouth without water :ashamed2:
@PugDevil
Could we have a poll on this? :smile:
Rinse toothbrush under tap then add toothpaste then put it under the tap again.

:cool:
Reply 14
@PugDevil

Your wish is my command :u:
Toothpaste on brush, brush in mouth. What's all this nonsense about taps? :confused: I rinse the brush after I'm done, but it never occurred to me to do so before use.
Reply 16
@PugDevil

Maybe a referendum? :lurk:
Reply 17

Yay you included my option :biggrin:

:five:
Reply 19
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Toothpaste on brush, brush in mouth. What's all this nonsense about taps? :confused: I rinse the brush after I'm done, but it never occurred to me to do so before use.

What the?! :flower2: Isn't it too dry with no water?

Quick Reply

Latest