The Student Room Group

NEXT- Sales Support

Hi, I just got a job at Next, for the sales support team. I was wondering how likely it is that they keep me or offer me another role after the sales period? Has anyone started working as part of the summer sales support team and then gone onto working more?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sstudent25
Hi, I just got a job at Next, for the sales support team. I was wondering how likely it is that they keep me or offer me another role after the sales period? Has anyone started working as part of the summer sales support team and then gone onto working more?

It depends whether the store needs more staff, and if so if you impressed them. It is possible to be kept on but nobody can tell you how likely it is.
Reply 2
I have got the job for sales support but was wondering if they actually give a lot of hours to people .
Reply 3
Original post by golden96
I have got the job for sales support but was wondering if they actually give a lot of hours to people .

So far I have been given 3 hour shifts for a week. Not sure what will happen after
Reply 4
I did this about 2 years ago, at the interview we were all told we will get shifts for 2 weeks. Ended up working only 3 days, doing like 3-5 hours a day.

And the store messed us about with our pay! They didn't keep anyone on after the sale either.
Reply 5
Hello, I just got a job at Next and tomorrow I have induction day. I was asked to fill Next Employee Portal before Welcome Day. One of the questions in the form is about my NI number. I have applied for NI number and I already have the reference number, however, I did not receive NI number yet and it can take more than 4 weeks, whilst my job is only for 3 weeks. Can I start working without NI number? I was told that employer can give me temporary NI number, but I am afraid if Next can provide me with it, which means I can lose my job.
Hi I got a job too, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much the pay is?
Reply 7
same please!
Original post by ombbk
same please!

I found out that i am getting £6.13 an hour...i live in kent though so it might be higher for you if youre in a city or something :smile:
Reply 9
Hello! Last year I temped the Summer sale like you. They didn't ask any of us if we wanted to stay on but rather just let us know that there would be some permanent positions going after the sale. I applied for a permanent position as soon as I finished my temporary contract and got told I got the job straight after the assessment which was about a week later. A year later I am still here! If you have any other Next questions feel free to ask :-)
hey so weird thing, i got a job at the guildford branch and i cant for the life of me remember which entrance they said we had to use and my first shift starts in about half an hour... any insight?

edit: nvm i got it
(edited 7 years ago)
I got a phone call on Tuesday with an unexpected phone interview then I got the job and had my induction yesterday. They didn't even email me saying i had got through the first stage. First shift is Saturday at 6am , its a temporary 2 week job for the sale. My question is what do you do ? and how do you know what you are doing in the store / where in the store you are? Getting paid £5.83 an hour ( I'm 17). Never had a job before so I don't really know what I am doing, everyone was really friendly though.
Original post by rebeccaslugocki
I got a phone call on Tuesday with an unexpected phone interview then I got the job and had my induction yesterday. They didn't even email me saying i had got through the first stage. First shift is Saturday at 6am , its a temporary 2 week job for the sale. My question is what do you do ? and how do you know what you are doing in the store / where in the store you are? Getting paid £5.83 an hour ( I'm 17). Never had a job before so I don't really know what I am doing, everyone was really friendly though.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know what to do on my first shift :/ where is your next store? :tongue: &I'm getting paid £5.83 aswell &I'm 17 haha. Also I had my induction on Wednesday aswell :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeeiqbal
I'm in the same boat. I don't know what to do on my first shift :/ where is your next store? :tongue: &I'm getting paid £5.83 aswell &I'm 17 haha. Also I had my induction on Wednesday aswell :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow XD my Next store is in Prestatyn , how about you??? First shift tomorrow I'm so nervous !!!!!
Oh wow XD my Next store is in Prestatyn , how about you??? First shift tomorrow I'm so nervous !!!!!

Mines in Leeds. My first shift is todayyy and I'm ever so anxious. I'm unsure of what to do. :no:
Mines in Leeds. My first shift is todayyy and I'm ever so anxious. I'm unsure of what to do. :no:

Good luck! Let me know how it goes ☺️

Thank youuu and I will do hehe :smile::smile:

My first shift went really well. A staff member saw me when I came in and she asked me whether or not I know what to do and I told her. They all seemed quite prepared so don't worry. I had to put sale tags onto the sale items that's all. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I have been working for Next for 2 weeks as part-time job. I had a contract for 3 weeks and they always told me that I was doing fine (usually worked in the stockroom, tagged things for sale and etc). However, today when I clocked out, I got a notification that my contract was finished and I do not have any more shifts (however, in NEP I had some shifts for the next week as well). I asked the manager and they told me that they do not need me anymore and thanked me for working there. I can not understand if I did something wrong, It seemed they liked me, but I do not know, should I blame myself or not. They told me that it was caused because of sales in this week and I was not the only one. Besides, I do not know when I will get paid. In contract, it is written that I will be paid weekly but they did not pay me yet even for the previous week. Does anyone know anything about the pay?
My first shift went really well. A staff member saw me when I came in and she asked me whether or not I know what to do and I told her. They all seemed quite prepared so don't worry. I had to put sale tags onto the sale items that's all. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good ! You had the midnight shift I'm guessing , I've got the 6am one >o<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending