The Student Room Group

Palestinian woman attempts to stab Israeli soldiers, shot

Another stabbing attack against Israelis (video below). I feel sorry for the soldiers, they're young guys (likely around 18 or 19 as it is a conscript army); they don't have the experience and calm that comes with age. The woman was coming at them with a knife, they kept shouting get back and she kept coming forward, and they were getting pushed up against the barriers and couldn't move further backwards easily. Now the guy who shot will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Very tragic

It's incredibly unfortunate also that the Palestinian Authority is encouraging these attacks and feting the criminals as heroes and martyrs (including the guy who snuck into the bedroom of a 13-year-old Israeli girl and stabbed her to death was praised and will have a street named after him).

This stabbing campaign obviously doesn't help the Palestinian position. It simply hardens the views of the Israeli population to make them more likely to vote for right-wing parties. I understand some Palestinians and their Western supporters agree with these attacks because they believe if only they can provoke the Israelis to kill enough Palestinians, somehow the world will suddenly decide Israel must be abolished.

It's the same mentality as some hard-left groups like the SWP who oppose parliamentary participation by the centre-left because they believe if they simply do not do anything to stop the right-wing, conditions will become so bad that there will be a revolution and then they (the SWP) can have what they want.

[video="youtube;bDGxU2Zl0wg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDGxU2Zl0wg[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

free palestine
Good to hear. Palestinians seem extremely violent and should be felt with accordingly. Long live Israel
i dont see whats wrong with protecting your land from terrorists and intruders.
Reply 4
Original post by trollingftw

A Palestinian would say the same.
She went to stab somebody and got shot. Ok? Grand. Erm.I don't see the problem.
No doubt the left will be outraged, even though the woman was the aggressor, but the woman mush have known she was going to be killed by threatening a solider with a knife and so she got what she deserved.
Reply 7
Original post by physicsphysics91
Good to hear. Palestinians seem extremely violent and should be felt with accordingly. Long live Israel

Do you not feel for the lady?
I feel sad for her too, they didn't have to kill her. She is clearly under the illusion that she is fighting to free her country.

**** people.

Israeli Jews can make just as much claim to the land. Their populations in the Levant predates Islam by 1500 years.

Also, how is she "protecting her land"? All she did was get herself shot, and make it easier for the right-wing in Israel's parliament to claim that they have to act as they do

It's almost like people like you don't actually want peace, don't want to see a Palestinian state. You just get off on the violence and feeling like a tough guy for cheering while other people go to their deaths
Reply 9
Original post by jake4198
No doubt the left will be outraged, even though the woman was the aggressor, but the woman mush have known she was going to be killed by threatening a solider with a knife and so she got what she deserved.

You have just witnessed a woman die and you don't think you might have some compassion for her at all? Yea she had a knife, but they had guns, they could have shot her in the legs, they didn't have to kill her.
I am sorry (I'm not really..) but that video is hilarious. Dumb ***** with a knife tries to kill people who have GUNS. lmao
Original post by oShahpo
I feel sad for her too, they didn't have to kill her

That's very easy to say from the comfort of being behind a screen 2000 miles away. If you were there in the moment, and a crazy woman is advancing on you with a knife and repeatedly ignores your orders to stop, then you are justified to shoot her. It is clear self-defence.

If that knife even just nicks the carotid artery, the soldier could bleed to death by the side of the road. He shouldn't have to put his life at risk to disarm her when she is coming at him with a knife
Original post by oShahpo
You have just witnessed a woman die and you don't think you might have some compassion for her at all? Yea she had a knife, but they had guns, they could have shot her in the legs, they didn't have to kill her.

Why would anybody have compassion for someone who just went at someone with a knife with the intention of murdering them? I have compassion for the poor guy who had to shoot her.
Original post by oShahpo

Soldiers (and police) are not trained to shoot people in the leg, they are trained to aim at the centre of mass (the chest) to take down the target as quickly as possible

By the way, she didn't die. She was injured, not killed. You speak of compassion, how about some compassion for the soldiers? These guys are barely out of high school, probably terrified when this was happening and all occurred within a few seconds.

IT seems that people who are naive and not very worldly often say in hindsight "They should have done this or that". People with a bit of common sense and life experience know better. They could have shot her earlier than they did, but they backed off and told her to stop. She didn't
Original post by Thutmose-III
That's very easy to say from the comfort of being behind a screen 2000 miles away. If you were there in the moment, and a crazy woman is advancing on you with a knife and repeatedly ignores your orders to stop, then you are justified to shoot her. It is clear self-defence.

If that knife even just nicks the carotid artery, the soldier could bleed to death by the side of the road. He shouldn't have to put his life at risk to disarm her when she is coming at him with a knife

Well, I just feel shocked that I just witnessed a person die. I understand she was stupid, probably thinking she's some freedom fighter about to free her country.
But in the end, she was stupid, and yea she should have seen it coming.
Original post by oShahpo
I feel sad for her too, they didn't have to kill her. She is clearly under the illusion that she is fighting to free her country.

**** people.

I feel sorry for the people who had to clean the mess up. She deserved it.
Original post by oShahpo
A Palestinian would say the same.

Yeah i know thats what im saying. Israel has no right to the land, not from the borders established in the 40s and even their religion teaches them that they were banished
Soldiers (and police) are not trained to shoot people in the leg, they are trained to aim at the centre of mass (the chest) to take down the target as quickly as possible

By the way, she didn't die. She was injured, not killed. You speak of compassion, how about some compassion for the soldiers? These guys are barely out of high school, probably terrified when this was happening and all occurred within a few seconds.

IT seems that people who are naive and not very worldly often say in hindsight "They should have done this or that". People with a bit of common sense and life experience know better. They could have shot her earlier than they did, but they backed off and told her to stop. She didn't

I thought she died. I do feel for the soldier who will probably have to suffer through his life for shooting a woman, but I thought the situation was handled immaturely. At least they did not kill her.
(edited 7 years ago)
Israeli Jews can make just as much claim to the land. Their populations in the Levant predates Islam by 1500 years.

Also, how is she "protecting her land"? All she did was get herself shot, and make it easier for the right-wing in Israel's parliament to claim that they have to act as they do

It's almost like people like you don't actually want peace, don't want to see a Palestinian state. You just get off on the violence and feeling like a tough guy for cheering while other people go to their deaths

The jews are taught by their own religion that they were banished. When Palestine was split into Israel and Palestine an agreement was made and Israel violated that.
Yeah i know thats what im saying. Israel has no right to the land, not from the borders established in the 40s and even their religion teaches them that they were banished

Well if that was your case then the same can be said by the Israelis. We have to stop looking at this from one point of view and start understanding that this situation involves both Israelis and Palestinians. It's not a boxing match where only one has to win.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending