The Student Room Group

Why everyone should go vegan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steamof
tasty food? If done right both foods can be tasty
More variety? True
Dont need to spend money on vegan stuff? Either you're eating bad quality meat or eating the really expensive vegan stuff
Healthier? No way

I eat extremely high quality meat but generally vegan stuff does cost a lot more.

And yes it is healthier. all you need to do is be sensible with what and how much you eat, but with veganism you cant get many vital nutrients without supplements and other various ways.
Q.How can you spot a vegan?

A. They will tell you *
how do you do it for one day then, do you steal vegan food from a shop one day a week?
Original post by Steamof
You would realise eating red meat is bad for u

Actually the whole red meat is bad thing is mostly bullcarp.

Eating lean meats is fine and provide lots of iron something many people lack, it is good for protein and the whole cancer thing is minute and can be lessened.
Reply 44
Original post by AperfectBalance
I eat extremely high quality meat but generally vegan stuff does cost a lot more.

And yes it is healthier. all you need to do is be sensible with what and how much you eat, but with veganism you cant get many vital nutrients without supplements and other various ways.

Thats somewhat true I guess. I dont really get the point of avoiding egg and milk. Eggs these days dont even get fertilised so life isnt even formed. As for redmeat ... you can get all the nutrients you get from redmeat from eating fish and plus many more so its not really a justification to eat redmeat.

source?

hitting protein RDAs is fantastically easy no matter what your diet is. i can appreciate if you are an athlete or bodybuilder you need a heck of a lot of protein and it can be hard to get an appropriate variety of vegan protein with a sensible calorie to protein ratio, but otherwise i just can't see the problem.

grains, vegetables etc. are the cheapest things in the supermarkets. the only things to worry about are micronutrients, which really is not much of an issue for veggies. harder for a vegan, but still a long way from the expense of meat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Steamof
Thats somewhat true I guess. I dont really get the point of avoiding egg and milk. Eggs these days dont even get fertilised so life isnt even formed. As for redmeat ... you can get all the nutrients you get from redmeat from eating fish and plus many more so its not really a justification to eat redmeat.

For many people - perhaps even most - it's not the killing that's the only issue. There's also animal welfare and environmental considerations to make.
Reply 47
Original post by Steamof

Ive watched vegan people on youtube and this female said that eggs are the females time of the month ? She said that egg are are period uhum....
I haven't eaten egg ever since.
Original post by Steamof
Im a vegeterian but eat fish. Fish is a really good source of protein and oils, although it can be found in seeds you would need to eat a lot of them which can be difficult

If you eat fish you aren't a vegetarian, you are a pescetarian, period. Fish isn't a vegetable

Eating lean meats is fine and provide lots of iron something many people lack, it is good for protein and the whole cancer thing is minute and can be lessened.

source? i've been a bit sceptical since the definition of 'red' and 'processed' meats seems kind of vague and subjective, but the evidence does seem to be there that some relationship exists.
Reply 50

Red meat whether lean or not still takes more to digest which is not good for the digestive system and stomach therefore the body.
Reply 51
Original post by Implication
source? i've been a bit sceptical since the definition of 'red' and 'processed' meats seems kind of vague and subjective, but the evidence does seem to be there that some relationship exists.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/the-truth-about-red-meat?page=4

This is a good one, But beware every week red meat may cause cancer then the next it cures cancer.
Original post by whitetack
how do you do it for one day then, do you steal vegan food from a shop one day a week?

i go out to buy my own food when my parents are working and i have nothing to do :hoppy:
Reply 54
Original post by Implication
For many people - perhaps even most - it's not the killing that's the only issue. There's also animal welfare and environmental considerations to make.

So they should tackle the bad treatment of animals instead of not eat eggs.

These are just labels lol
Original post by Steamof

These are just labels lol

They aren't just labels, fish aren't vegetables or plant matter. They don't grow on trees, this is indisputable fact
oh ok - still think if its so great just tell ur parents 'listen fam i'm vegan now, get me' and make them buy you vegan food innit
Reply 57
Whatever. As long as you know what I meant it doesnt matter what label you put on it
Original post by Steamof

Quitting eating eggs has a real, demonstrable and measurable influence on the number of animals kept in bad conditions. So it IS tackling the bad treatment of animals. IIRC, there is also some debate as to whether 'free range' chickens, for example, are actually treated at all well.
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/the-truth-about-red-meat?page=4

This is a good one, But beware every week red meat may cause cancer then the next it cures cancer.

Thanks, will have a read.

Quick Reply

Latest