The Student Room Group

How to stop feeling lonely when back at home from uni?

(Parents have recently moved to a new town also, where I know no one)
:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Talk to your parents :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Talk to your parents :colondollar:

I do but it's not enough :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usually if I'm lonely I'll stick to my hobbies, so either painting or writing. It makes me feel as if I'm doing something beneficial with my time that way. :redface: Otherwise I'll watch cutesy animal videos all day like a complete ninny.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Usually if I'm lonely I'll stick to my hobbies, so either painting or writing. It makes me feel as if I'm doing something beneficial with my time that way. :redface: Otherwise I'll watch cutesy animal videos all day like a complete ninny.

Spoiler

Original post by ForestShadow

Spoiler

CURSE YOU!!!!! :woo:
make new friends if you can :colondollar:
Spend all your time on TSR forging e-relationships. You'll never be lonely again. You're welcome.
Reply 8

My hobbies are bass guitar, reading and photography and the weather here has not been particularly permitting for the latter... :lol:
I've also been meaning to paint for a while. Motivate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by fatima1998
make new friends if you can :colondollar:

But here I only get to choose from kids, chavs, or OAPs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
My hobbies are bass guitar, reading and photography and the weather here has not been particularly permitting for the latter... :lol:
I've also been meaning to paint for a while. Motivate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean it's too warm to read inside? Read outside then- even better. :smile: Preferably somewhere rural when it's really hot. You live in Wales from cripes' sake, you'll be just fine.

Hmm :smile: what do you like painting out of interest, and what's your style? If you feel lonely then paint that feeling as something physical or tangible. ..And now I shall refrain from being a pretentious weirdo. Too late.
Reply 11
You mean it's too warm to read inside? Read outside then- even better. :smile: Preferably somewhere rural when it's really hot. You live in Wales from cripes' sake, you'll be just fine.

Hmm :smile: what do you like painting out of interest, and what's your style? If you feel lonely then paint that feeling as something physical or tangible. ..And now I shall refrain from being a pretentious weirdo. Too late.

Nope, it's too not-sunny for much photography :wink:

I don't paint, I've just been wanting to get into it. Surrealism, abstract- any art movement from the advent of photography to modern conceptualism (I'm aware how pretentious I sound too. Though not as pretentious as modern conceptualist art)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Nope, it's too not-sunny for much photography :wink:

I don't paint, I've just been wanting to get into it. Surrealism, abstract- any art movement from the advent of photography to modern conceptualism (I'm aware how pretentious I sound too. Though not as pretentious as modern conceptualist art)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh, this is taking me right back to university now :gasp: (I studied Art History, although spent most of my term at the back of lecture halls doodling eyes and roses on my notepad). Ok, imagine if Dali or Ernst painted loneliness in the form of an object or a series of objects. What do you think it would look like. Or skipping that approach entirely, take something that you are absolutely passionate about, and which immediately comes to mind, and explore it artistically. Do something you'd never think of doing before- it may surprise and inspire you in turn.
Reply 13
Oh gosh, this is taking me right back to university now :gasp: (I studied Art History, although spent most of my term at the back of lecture halls doodling eyes and roses on my notepad). Ok, imagine if Dali or Ernst painted loneliness in the form of an object or a series of objects. What do you think it would look like. Or skipping that approach entirely, take something that you are absolutely passionate about, and which immediately comes to mind, and explore it artistically. Do something you'd never think of doing before- it may surprise and inspire you in turn.

A solitary form encompassed by an infinite plane... the form vaguely biomorphic, partly hunched over and gazing at the ground below, partly reaching out to the immeasurable horizon...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
A solitary form encompassed by an infinite plane... the form vaguely biomorphic, partly hunched over and gazing at the ground below, partly reaching out to the immeasurable horizon...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep that idea close to you and paint it. And if you need the motivation, I'll paint it as well and then we can compare.
Isnt this whats social media is for?
Sort out things to do for the holidays.

I thought you were Tinder king or get a gf?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Keep that idea close to you and paint it. And if you need the motivation, I'll paint it as well and then we can compare.

I don't have a suitable painting surface yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meet up with as many people as possible, but a lot of my friends are going on holiday/working now, so I'm also job hunting and just started the summer bucket list thread which is something to do and will definitely keep you busy for a little while :h:
Reply 18
Original post by sleepinglions
I meet up with as many people as possible, but a lot of my friends are going on holiday/working now, so I'm also job hunting and just started the summer bucket list thread which is something to do and will definitely keep you busy for a little while :h:

It's not that I nothing to do- boredom isn't the problem. I just miss getting together with people and enjoying their company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't you visit your friends from college?... Or they visit you?

Quick Reply

Latest