The Student Room Group

Important question about toothbrushes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1741
@PugDevil
Could we have a poll on this? :smile:

We MUST collect quantifiable statistical data on this important oral hygiene question :fuhrer:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
We MUST collect quantifiable statistical data on this important oral hygiene question :fuhrer:

I like polls :colondollar:
Reply 22
I'm glad to see that the most 'logical' option is winning thus far :u: :colone:
I wash the toothpaste and then put the toothbrush on.
Original post by PugDevil
Do you put the toothpaste on first and then run it under the tap? Or do you run the toothbrush under the tap and then put the toothpaste on?

Discuss and argue your case below.

(In regards to the poll, if you answered 'different to all of above' then please share as I'm curious! :tongue:)

I don't run the toothbrush under the tap at all. I put the toothpaste on the toothbrush then put the toothbrush in my mouth.
Original post by Samii123
I wash the toothpaste and then put the toothbrush on.

I wet my teeth then I put the toothpaste on them, then I brush.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Toothpaste on brush, brush in mouth. What's all this nonsense about taps? :confused: I rinse the brush after I'm done, but it never occurred to me to do so before use.

Me too! Thank God, thought I was the only one for a second there.
Reply 27
Original post by Mimir
Imagine if someone wet the toothbrush before and after putting on toothpaste. :ninja:

I do that. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Toothpaste on brush, brush in mouth. What's all this nonsense about taps? :confused: I rinse the brush after I'm done, but it never occurred to me to do so before use.

Yup this, exactly this.

My husband does toothpaste and then water, and he thinks I'm mad. I just tease him and tell him he's washing off all the toothpaste!*
Do you put the toothpaste on first and then run it under the tap? Or do you run the toothbrush under the tap and then put the toothpaste on?

Discuss and argue your case below.

(In regards to the poll, if you answered 'different to all of above' then please share as I'm curious! :tongue:)

Wet the toothbrush then apply paste then under the tap again (not full blast as washes paste off) then brush. Always done that from age 12. If I don't it makes me feel weird. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Toothpaste. teeth Water use the back to get tongue, Mouthwash water.
Reply 31
Original post by AperfectBalance
Toothpaste. teeth Water use the back to get tongue, Mouthwash water.

As much as I love mouthwash, it feels as though it adds so long onto the process :ashamed2:
Think that would break my mind if I'm honest :frown: I heard somewhere (I think) that you should wet the toothbrush first because then you're not diluting the toothpaste :K:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you'd be diluting the toothpaste anyway if you put it in your mouth with the saliva. So wetting the toothpaste shouldn't make a big difference? :smile:
Reply 33

Correct.

Any other way is just madness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Water, toothpaste,water,brush (repeated about 3 times over)
wet toothbrush
add toothpaste
brush teeth
rinse toothbrush

I've always assumed this was how everyone else did it lmao
Reply 36
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Correct me if I'm wrong but you'd be diluting the toothpaste anyway if you put it in your mouth with the saliva. So wetting the toothpaste shouldn't make a big difference? :smile:

You're most probably right :wink: 'tis what happens when you read random articles on teh Internet :colondollar:
Running the toothbrush+paste under the tap just a little but makes it more foamy lol. It doesn't wash off the toothpaste...

But the question is, run under cold, warm or hot water?
What the?! :flower2: Isn't it too dry with no water?

It's easier to keep in your mouth without lather going everywhere, since you're not supposed to rinse after brushing your teeth :smile:
Original post by TajwarC
Running the toothbrush+paste under the tap just a little but makes it more foamy lol. It doesn't wash off the toothpaste...

But the question is, run under cold, warm or hot water?

Hot as that softens the bristles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest