The Student Room Group

I've been accepted a month before results day

brap, accepted a month before results day.

#BTECMasterRace
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Contact then uni to to check but seems weird how both unis say congrats ?

PHONE UCAS -!!!!!
Reply 2
Congratulations! :smile: I think you've been accepted because your teacher has sent of BTEC results for you and there aren't any results pending. So, that's how BTEC works.
I don't mean to rain on your parade but what you've received there are conditional offers.

I got the same wording when I got offers from UCL, king's and LSE. You have to meet the conditions first before you're fully confirmed
Original post by AyyUK_
So, I did btec and my teachers have updated my grades and sent it off to edexcel.

Today I receive an update on the ucas website saying.....

Congratulations, your place at Queen Mary University of London for Computer Science has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

Congratulations! Your place at Goldsmiths, University of London for Computer Science has been confirmed. You are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions of your firm choice.

Does this mean they have received my grades, and accepted me?

BTEC results started arriving at universities this week

Congratulations
Original post by Playmaker#10
I don't mean to rain on your parade but what you've received there are conditional offers.

I got the same wording when I got offers from UCL, king's and LSE. You have to meet the conditions first before you're fully confirmed

Track is saying that the OP has their place confirmed. That isn't a conditional offer it is confirmation.
Original post by PQ
BTEC results started arriving at universities this week

Congratulations

Track is saying that the OP has their place confirmed. That isn't a conditional offer it is confirmation.

You might be right.

OP Any updates?
Reply 6
OP any updates ?!!!!
Reply 7
Original post by AyyUK_

Original post by Playmaker#10
OP Any updates?

Original post by fefssdf
OP any updates ?!!!!

Might help if you mentioned the OP :wink:
I got the same and yes, because the BTEC provider has been sent the results, they have sent them to UCAS which have sent them to the University and therefore they have accepted you due to them results.

Well done!
Your in well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AyyUK_
So, I did btec and my teachers have updated my grades and sent it off to edexcel.

Today I receive an update on the ucas website saying.....

Congratulations, your place at Queen Mary University of London for Computer Science has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

Congratulations! Your place at Goldsmiths, University of London for Computer Science has been confirmed. You are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions of your firm choice.

looks like it have a good summer why not keep this quiet unil results day ingot my exceptence on 20 mins befor I went to get my results when I went to uni
Original post by New- Emperor
looks like it have a good summer why not keep this quiet unil results day ingot my exceptence on 20 mins befor I went to get my results when I went to uni

Why keep quiet? The OP has met the conditions for their offers - if it was a requirement that they shouldn't tell anyone about it, either this should be part of the message from UCAS or UCAS should only update offers for everyone on the latest results date, i.e. A level results day in August. Should those taking A levels who firm 'Unconditional if firmed' offers keep quiet about it until A level results day as well?

Congratulations, OP, and to everyone else who has had their university place confirmed this week on the strength of their BTEC grades.
BTEC results have been sent to the Unis. Its that simple.
Congratulations! I did vocational courses and all of my results have been confirmed by the exam board but my offer is still conditional :frown:.
Original post by qasim_96
Congratulations! I did vocational courses and all of my results have been confirmed by the exam board but my offer is still conditional

Email the Uni and make sure they have actually got your results.
Original post by AyyUK_
brap, accepted a month before results day.

#BTECMasterRace

Where to and what course?
Original post by returnmigrant
Email the Uni and make sure they have actually got your results.

I've just sent them an email and they said they'll reply within 5 working days so I'm just waiting a reply now.
Guys did you know, if you've already got your BTEC results, you can apply for a place through Clearing now? You don't have to wait til 18 August and can get your uni place sorted now if you haven't already. Bonus! See www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing-results

Good luck and well done! Amanda from BCU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending