The Student Room Group

How to tone up my breasts to look 'Normal' with exercises

I'm a woman, and unfortunately for me I have 'Saggy' breasts at the age of 19. I don't know why, but they have always been like this. It's basically the skin from under my armpits kind of connects to my breasts resulting in them appearing saggy.

They are too heavy for a normal bra, I'm a 28D and overweight, even when I was average weight I had fat there however I never attempted to tone it up. What can I do? I am very insecure about this, and I know I will get some users making fun but for the people who are on here to help. Please be honest with me, can I tone it up and make my breasts normal?

The reason why they are too heavy for a normal bra is because the bra has to carry more than just my breasts, but also the fat underneath my armpits. This makes a bra only last a few months before it starts hanging down because of the weight it has to support. I really can't get surgery done, are there any exercises that can help me get rid of the fat under my armpits or tone it up?

Scroll to see replies

Breasts have no muscles, you cannot 'tone them up'. The only possible solution here is if you lose weight.
Reply 2
Original post by blitterflicker
I'm a woman, and unfortunately for me I have 'Saggy' breasts at the age of 19.

Embrace it. All breasts are great.
I'm a woman, and unfortunately for me I have 'Saggy' breasts at the age of 19. I don't know why, but they have always been like this. It's basically the skin from under my armpits kind of connects to my breasts resulting in them appearing saggy.

They are too heavy for a normal bra, I'm a 28D and overweight, even when I was average weight I had fat there however I never attempted to tone it up. What can I do? I am very insecure about this, and I know I will get some users making fun but for the people who are on here to help. Please be honest with me, can I tone it up and make my breasts normal?

The reason why they are too heavy for a normal bra is because the bra has to carry more than just my breasts, but also the fat underneath my armpits. This makes a bra only last a few months before it starts hanging down because of the weight it has to support. I really can't get surgery done, are there any exercises that can help me get rid of the fat under my armpits or tone it up?
Cant spot reduce. losing weight will almost certainly shrink your breast size, but it comes off people in different places.
People tend to dislike use of the word toning.
You can lose fat on top that covers your body like a blanket.
You can exercise the underlying muscle.

You dont say how overweight you are.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/goulet5.htm
Go and join MFP and ask in the exercise forum.
Reply 5
Hmmmm, I get you, firstly there's no need to be insecure about this, and secondly yes you should be able to tone it up using different bra's, such as push up bra's. Thirdly try jogging or running far distances in the mornings, it does help for me, I used to do only 3 miles on a treadmill and some cross trainer (which really tones your lower part of the body) and got a completely flat stomach, but bear in mind I did not have a large belly when I started, I done this for a month. Sorry if the advice may not be the best, after all i'm just a guy!
Original post by 999tigger
Cant spot reduce. losing weight will almost certainly shrink your breast size, but it comes off people in different places.
People tend to dislike use of the word toning.
You can lose fat on top that covers your body like a blanket.
You can exercise the underlying muscle.

You dont say how overweight you are.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/goulet5.htm
Go and join MFP and ask in the exercise forum.

I'm 5ft 2 in height and 12 stones. I'm in the process of losing it though.

Even when I was 9 stones in 2013 I still had fat under my arms, I am aware that breasts do not have muscles so you can not do anything there, however it's the fat on my underarms/under armpit area that I want to loose. Not the itself, the problem is that it connects and just looks... terrible.

Thank you for the useful link
Original post by Mango Milkshake
Because you're obese.

Not obese. Even when I was considered 'healthy weight' by bmi (5 ft2 in height and 9 stones) I still had the saggy breasts.
Go and join MFP.

You should combine your diet with exercise inlcuding weights. If you have things like bing wings or the fat that hansgs off your shoulder blades, then its really weight loss you need first and foremost, then supplement that with exercise. You cab lose that weight in a yera if you set your mind to it.
Original post by hizzbani
Hmmmm, I get you, firstly there's no need to be insecure about this, and secondly yes you should be able to tone it up using different bra's, such as push up bra's. Thirdly try jogging or running far distances in the mornings, it does help for me, I used to do only 3 miles on a treadmill and some cross trainer (which really tones your lower part of the body) and got a completely flat stomach, but bear in mind I did not have a large belly when I started, I done this for a month. Sorry if the advice may not be the best, after all i'm just a guy!

Thanks for this, I appreciate your response. I do not want to rely on bras to help it look toned, but do exercises to make them look like breasts my age.
You did help me a lot, as I do use a treadmill for exercises.
Lose overall body fat (as you cannot spot reduce fat in certain areas, it is physically impossible) and work out your pectoral muscle (the muscles behind your breasts) it won't lift the actual breasts, because breasts don't have muscle, but it may help them appear more perky.

Also remember it's unlikely they look anywhere near as bad as you think, we are very harsh critics of ourselves for things most people would not even notice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Go and join MFP.

You should combine your diet with exercise inlcuding weights. If you have things like bing wings or the fat that hansgs off your shoulder blades, then its really weight loss you need first and foremost, then supplement that with exercise. You cab lose that weight in a yera if you set your mind to it.

Thank you for the useful tips, I am taking green tea extracts as a supplement to help me.
Yes kind of the shoulder blades area but it kind of connects to the front where the breats are and hangs them down. I really appreciate the support.
Silly Con
Original post by SophieSmall
Lose overall body fat (as you cannot spot reduce fat in certain areas, it is physically impossible) and work out your pectoral muscle (the muscles behind your breasts) it won't lift the actual breasts, because breasts don't have muscle, but it may help them appear more perky.

Also remember it's unlikely they look anywhere near as bad as you think, we are very harsh critics of ourselves for this most people would not even notice.

You helped me realise that it's the overall body fat, and where it is stored that is causing this. Not the breasts itself. Thank you! I feel like it is now possible and realistic to reach what I want.

And meh, it is pretty bad. This girl use to mention it at school that my breasts were saggy and sometimes it pops up in jokey/ banter convos
Original post by welshiee
Embrace it. All breasts are great.

Meh, the pressure is on
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Breasts have no muscles, you cannot 'tone them up'. The only possible solution here is if you lose weight.

Thanks for your response. I was more concerned about the fat attached to the breasts from the under armpit area. Not the breasts themselves but I guess I would have to loose weight to get rid of it altogether as its just excess fat.
Original post by blitterflicker
You helped me realise that it's the overall body fat, and where it is stored that is causing this. Not the breasts itself. Thank you! I feel like it is now possible and realistic to reach what I want.

And meh, it is pretty bad. This girl use to mention it at school that my breasts were saggy and sometimes it pops up in jokey/ banter convos

Try not to dwell on anything said at school.Kids can be cruel and they do it on purpose to bring you down. Good luck.
Original post by SophieSmall
Try not to dwell on anything said at school.Kids can be cruel and they do it on purpose to bring you down. Good luck.

Thank you :smile:
This is a problem for me too. I'm also 19 and I'm honestly not too sure of my bra size because they just seem to fluctuate (weird don't ask me why) but I think I'm 34 or 36 C. This information has been very helpful. I've been insecure about it as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Second_Beauty
This is a problem for me too. I'm also 19 and I'm honestly not too sure of my bra size because they just seem to fluctuate (weird don't ask me why) but I think I'm 34 or 36 C. This information has been very helpful. I've been insecure about it as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good to hear from someone else that has the same issue, because I honestly haven't heard of anyone with the same concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest