The Student Room Group

Bullying in secondary school has made me too scared to socialize ?

I got bullied for my looks and accent, I couldn't even look at people in their face when i tried talking to them out of fear they'd make a remark.

Any tips on how to overcome this ? :frown:
For me it went away naturally. Just stop trying to think about it.

People at secondary school have always been unpleasant. Just a case of bully, or get bullied for most people.
Original post by Binary Freak
For me it went away naturally. Just stop trying to think about it.

This.

I was bullied relentlessly. Eventually I just overcame it, but it weren't for lack of trying. Push yourself, explore outside your comfort zone, and with time things will get better.
Reply 3
Any tips for overcoming it? I jist cant seem to forget it
Original post by im.a.witch
Any tips for overcoming it? I jist cant seem to forget it

Rise above it. It's in the past and those people don't hurt you no more.

Show the world that you can be the better person, strive to be the person you want to be and continue working towards what you want out of life.

Never. Stop. Trying.
You. Are. Awesome.
You. Are. Loved.
You. Will. Make. It.
How long ago did the bullying occur or are you still in secondary school?

I got bullied daily throughout Secondary school by a group of chavy girls who made a joke out of my name and kept it going for over 2 years. They also made fun of my social media profile (Bebo at the time) and attacked me for my race.
All of this had a negative impact on my life in general including my education, my grades were extremely average as I never tried due to anxiety and feelings of depression from being picked on.
Even in college, my social interactions were absolutely ****, especially in groupwork, due to the fear I had from being a victim of bullying.

This changed as I started uni and got away from those nasty *****es. Uni allows you to reinvent yourself and people are more mature for the most part. My confidence developed greatly and now I'm completely comfortable with who I am and idc what people think of me.

There isn't much I can tell you to help you, it's something you'll have to find within yourself and that takes time and experience, so it's just something that you eventually overcome as you get older.
There are people out there who do accept you for your looks and accent and whatever makes you who you are.

It makes me feel good now seeing where I am in life, in comparison, most of the girls who bullied me live tragic lives and got pregnant before 20 and are living in council houses and it's just as I predicted.

Bullies lose in the end.
In fact, I believe victims of bullies eventually become tougher people in general and end up living far more successfully.
Also, this post has really reminded me of things to do with being bullied that I haven't thought about in years. I feel so silly because I rememeber things like being too scared to even speak during groupwork, especially when my bullies were there.

I'd LOVE to meet my bullies today and confront them. I'd love to ask them why picking on anxious kids fed their ego so much. I'd love to see what failures they've become while I'm really making a life for myself. :smile:)

The sooner you realise how irrelevant these losers and their opinions are to your life, the better. Stay strong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending