The Student Room Group

Straight guy says he has an inner girl living inside him...

....so he dresses in a wig, skirts/ dress, makeup and changes is mannerisms to express his inner female. He says he has a split personality.

He says he is expressing his inner female (?). Now I understand drag queens are usually gay and into guys. But this guy claims to be straight and dates only females which he has expressed his love for females in videos before this one ( he's a youtuber) seems kind of girl crazy. I'm having a hard time believing straight guys do this, dress as a girl to express their inner female......how does one feel like a female inside what does that even mean?

Are there any guys here who can relate to this dude ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty
....so he dresses in a wig, skirts/ dress, makeup and changes is mannerisms to express his inner female. He says he has a split personality.

He says he is expressing his inner female (?). Now I understand drag queens are usually gay and into guys. But this guy claims to be straight and dates only females which he has expressed his love for females in videos before this one ( he's a youtuber) seems kind of girl crazy. I'm having a hard time believing straight guys do this, dress as a girl to express their inner female......how does one feel like a female inside what does that even mean?

When I first read your title I thought maybe he's transgender? Also what does "inner female" even mean?! I never heard of an "inner female" before. I heard "getting in touch with your feminine side" but never that. Maybe he likes feeling pretty and feminine? Possibly he wants to experience being a lady due to some traumatic event, Idk.
Original post by SmileyVibe
When I first read your title I thought maybe he's transgender? Also what does "inner female" even mean?! I never heard of an "inner female" before. I heard "getting in touch with your feminine side" but never that. Maybe he likes feeling pretty and feminine? Possibly he wants to experience being a lady due to some traumatic event, Idk.

No he's not transgender nor gay. He just says he has a inner female inside him that must come out.
000001.jpg
Do you even watch Eastenders?
Original post by Miracle Day
Do you even watch Eastenders?

No never even heard of it, what happens?
Original post by xobeauty

Are there any guys here who can relate to this dude ?
I don't relate to him and understand what he may be feeling inside. I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there like Caitlyn Jenner who do. If this guy is a YouTuber he might just be doing it for attention though.
It's called cross- dressing.
What is he's youtube account called?
I want to say he is just really feminine but part of me wants to say he has gender dysphoria....but idk
Reply 9
Just seems like he enjoys women's fashion and mannerisms and so likes to cross dress and mimic those mannerisms. Tbh I don't see how it's different to someone enjoying acting/drama - some people like to pretend to be someone besides themselves, to play out a role.
What you're really supposed to do if you're trying to express an inner feminine side is talk about your feelings rather than bottling things up. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. Express yourself, etc. Basically, take all the impulses, thoughts, and feelings that you might have projected onto women and rejected as part of your ego, and try to own them even if it makes you seem unmanly. It's not very easy to do.

I think putting on women's clothing is far too literal and concrete... it doesn't really change the way you think or feel. Also, it's symbolically distasteful... as if you were saying that femininity can be reduced to clothing and mannerisms. A very superficial way of looking at things, especially in an era where a lot of women don't wear dresses anymore.

But on the other hand, having a very strong, masculine ego that excludes the Anima and the feminine to too great a degree can lead to a neurotic desire to be released from maleness temporarily or permanently. Leading to a need to dress like a woman in order to be in a situation where you can give yourself permission to express femininity. It provides a release valve, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Basically, don't try to be more macho than what comes naturally to you. If you abstain from hugging a friend, crying at a movie, sharing your feelings, and other things that you might desire because you think they're for women and not for you... then eventually, this could erupt into a desire to be female, or act out a female role.
Yes, I also have many characteristics that are traditionally associated with the female sex. It may just be a poetic way of expressing himself... or perhaps he really does have a psychopathology :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest