The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accomodation Offers 2016/2017

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten their offers yet? I just got mine for Deaconess, which was my first choice! I couldn't be happier.
When did you apply? I applied last night and I'm excited to hear back. I don't expect it for a few months though. I've got quite a few friends who are also going to Edinburgh and they've not heard back either (the applied quite a bit earlier than me!)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Congratulations on receiving your offer and it being your first choice!!

What is Edinburgh's reputation as far as getting your first choice offer for accommodation? Any idea?

Recently filled out the housing application and am wonderful what chance I have at getting any of my top three choices.

I know no one will know specifically but does anyone have friends/family w/ experience applying for housing at Univ of Edinburgh? I have a conditional offer so I don't expect to hear back for a while anyway but I'm wondering what my odds are of getting on of my first choices.
Reply 3
hey guys! i applied late march as soon as i was able to , my first choice is Sugarhouse close, anyone heard back from them????
also congrats on deaconess :smile:
I've got an offer for Nicolson Street!! It was my first choice as well.
Original post by ILS_13
hey guys! i applied late march as soon as i was able to , my first choice is Sugarhouse close, anyone heard back from them????
also congrats on deaconess :smile:

I know a ton of people who want sugarhouse close, I haven't heard of anyone who's gotten it yet.
I got an offer for Deaconess (my first choice) for a five person flat. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though (four new friends vs not getting along with four people for a year)... Any advice for living with new people, while being very far from home? (I'm an international student)
Original post by BookLover2002
I got an offer for Deaconess (my first choice) for a five person flat. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though (four new friends vs not getting along with four people for a year)... Any advice for living with new people, while being very far from home? (I'm an international student)

Just remember that your new flatmates will be in the same situation! Well, the might not be international. But chances are they've moved to a new city and they're probably feeling uneasy too!

Congrats on getting your first choice! I'm yet to hear back :/
Hi!
I got an offer for Deaconess too (it was my first choice, and I'm coming to Edinburgh as an erasmus student) for a five person flat, so I'm pretty excited!There is a Deaconess group on Facebook, it could be useful to find faltmates I guess :smile:
Reply 9
It seems that I've been made an offer of accommodation but I can't find it! Am I supposed to be able to see the offer before clicking on "accept contract" or what?
Original post by Aloap69
It seems that I've been made an offer of accommodation but I can't find it! Am I supposed to be able to see the offer before clicking on "accept contract" or what?

You have to click accept contract to view the offer.
Original post by BookLover2002

I'm an international student staying in Deaconess too!I'm kind of worried too, actually. Where are you from?
Is it bad that I haven't applied for accomodation yet? >.>
Deadline is 16th of August, if I apply tomorrow how soon should I expect to get my offer?
Original post by The_Big_E
Is it bad that I haven't applied for accomodation yet? >.>
Deadline is 16th of August, if I apply tomorrow how soon should I expect to get my offer?

It really depends on if you are unconditional and the accommodation offices process. I know people who were confirmed this week that got their offers this week. But they applied a while ago. If you are conditional you'll get it sometime after you get confirmed. If you are unconditional, you can expect it anytime between after you apply until the end of august.
Original post by keep.dreaming
I'm an international student staying in Deaconess too!I'm kind of worried too, actually. Where are you from?

From South Africa. How about you?
I have a room, south of city. 5* on Airbnb. Short term or long term. Would suit a physics student as i have a 10" telescope or just someone who wanted to learn more about astronomy, very quiet area but 5 mins walk to 24hr supermarket!
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9693312?preview=&sug=50

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending