The Student Room Group

What happens if I dont give my textbook back to sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Emilycunningham
I have quite a few textbooks to give back to my sixth form, but I literally cannot be bothered to go in and give them back. What can they actually do if I dont give them back, they said Ill be fined, but they cant exactly enforce that fine if Im not going there anymore right?

If you are not trolling through boredom, I think your post is a disgrace
Reply 22
Po Po gon lock you up.
To be honest I never gave my mine back and still have them to this very day lol XD :proud:
Original post by CaitlinN15
You'd get fined, that's what happened to my friend at my college this year..it was only a day late as well :/ but like what they said to us at L6 "you signed a code of conduct. .you abide by our rules' kinda thing. .. stupid really but.. oh well, I'd just give it back if I was you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well technically they cannot make me pay so
Reply 25
Well technically they cannot make me pay so

Well technically it's theft so
Original post by jneill
Well technically it's theft so

Well technically they still cant do anything so
Reply 27
Well technically they still cant do anything so

I take it none of the textbooks you are stealing included a dictionary.
(edited 7 years ago)
You'll go to jail and probably hell tbh.
Reply 29
Original post by Conceited
They'll probably send the bailiffs to be honest.

Can't do that without a court order.
Original post by jneill
I take it none of the textbooks you are stealing included a dictionary.

LOL
Not entirely sure what the point of this thread is, but return the books

Posted from TSR Mobile
the fact that text books cost £40+ and the amount in the library, its cost them ALOT so that you dont have to foot the bill.
give them back and stop acting like a ****
Original post by Student403
LOL

Hun if you find that funny, you live such a sad life.
Original post by drandy76
Not entirely sure what the point of this thread is, but return the books

Posted from TSR Mobile

The point is I want to know what would happen if I dont return my textbooks, not anyones opinion on whether I should or shouldnt- I dont need a moral highground lecture
Des
Reply 36
The point is I want to know what would happen if I dont return my textbooks, not anyones opinion on whether I should or shouldnt- I dont need a moral highground lecture

Emily, just return them.

Regards,

The Internet.

PS. If you don't return them then your school has to replace them. The cost of which comes out of an already limited budget. It's not a moral highground argument... it's simply the right thing to do.
Hun if you find that funny, you live such a sad life.

Hun, I don't think you have the right to call anyone's life sad given that you "can't be bothered" to give back property that you never owned.
You are a dishonest, lazy little madam, and if you were one of my granddaughters, I'd give you a slap.
Reply 39
I have quite a few textbooks to give back to my sixth form, but I literally cannot be bothered to go in and give them back. What can they actually do if I dont give them back, they said Ill be fined, but they cant exactly enforce that fine if Im not going there anymore right?

Just return them. They are not yours to keep. Doesn't matter if you've finished college, theft is theft.

Each place has their own rules but I got this email about unreturned library books:

Please note that students who remain debtors to the College at the time of the requisite examination board in June 2016 will not have their results considered through the formal examination boards. This would result in no transcript being generated; and indeed no formal certificate being conferred through the Pearson awarding body. The Academic Advice and Guidance handbook states this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending