The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
I hope you're all well... I haven't been here in a while. Results day panic hasn't kicked in yet but I feel it coming around the corner!

lol I came here to say the same thing. gl!
Original post by EnglishMuon
lol I came here to say the same thing. gl!

Hahaha You too :smile:
Not long only 5-6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Not long only 5-6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

damn, thats a long time to be recounting my step marks every night before going to sleep.
damn, thats a long time to be recounting my step marks every night before going to sleep.

Lol ikr.
Ive been counting my A level marks over and over again 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. I'm glad to know I'm not the only nutter terrified of missing out on the STEP and hence constantly recounting my marks.

It's been driving me so crazy I've even considered calling/emailing Emma about it. But I'm scared they'll hate on me for being such an annoyance and not take me even if they might have considered taking me otherwise.
Original post by krishdesai7
Lol. I'm glad to know I'm not the only nutter terrified of missing out on the STEP and hence constantly recounting my marks.

It's been driving me so crazy I've even considered calling/emailing Emma about it. But I'm scared they'll hate on me for being such an annoyance and not take me even if they might have considered taking me otherwise.

Nah don't worry, you must know if you've got what needed by now :smile: I just keep thinking "what of I've miscounted?" Or something. I just hope they can read my writing!
Lol ikr.
Ive been counting my A level marks over and over again 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is me:
"Let's say C in coursework, 36, plus 96 BIOL4, plus 138 BIOL5, is 272. That's okay A* in bio maybe

Okay 60 for coursework, plus 82 F324, plus 123 F325, is 265. **** I missed out on the A* in chem.

Maths I'm not gonna bother with because the highest I can get is an A anyway but 284 + 90(C3) + 40(D1) + 70(C4) = 484. Safe scraped an A maybe.

*Says a little prayer to meet offer* "

I should stop doing this to myself and concentrate on my candle business
Mine is more just:

"Hmm, what questions did I do in STEP II again? Oh wait nvm rather slit my wrists"
Original post by Zacken
Mine is more just:

"Hmm, what questions did I do in STEP II again? Oh wait nvm rather slit my wrists"

Cambridge shouldn't mean that much to you
Original post by Mathemagicien
Cambridge shouldn't mean that much to you

It was a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but he's always making jokes like that, he needs to forget about STEP and enjoy the summer
Original post by Serine Soul
This is me:
"Let's say C in coursework, 36, plus 96 BIOL4, plus 138 BIOL5, is 272. That's okay A* in bio maybe

Okay 60 for coursework, plus 82 F324, plus 123 F325, is 265. **** I missed out on the A* in chem.

Maths I'm not gonna bother with because the highest I can get is an A anyway but 284 + 90(C3) + 40(D1) + 70(C4) = 484. Safe scraped an A maybe.

*Says a little prayer to meet offer* "

Mine is like ok
100 M3-4
Now 70 S3 55 D2 10 D1.
Now I need 135 in M5+S4. Then i look through grade boundaries wonderin if i did enough in S4.
Physics Ok so 50/60 Coursework, suppose i get 120/120 in U4 then need 100/120 in U5, yeh i shoukd get that, oh wait boundaries gna be really high. Then again, look at boundaries and die.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul

How's that going?
I know, but he's always making jokes like that, he needs to forget about STEP and enjoy the summer

If you were on the border of 1/2 you would be doing the same mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you were on the border of 1/2 you would be doing the same mate.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably am on the border of 1/2
I have a spreadsheet showing what UMS my scores would get me in C3 and C4 every year from whenever the A* was introduced, then some nice little conditional highlighting to bring back Y8 IT days and see if I made the A*. So far it's yes 6-4 no. Both my firm and insurance currently depend on about 3 UMS.

None of my friends/teachers/anybody understand either, they think I'm just making a big deal out of it. I'm about to lose it with the people who constantly go "oh don't worry, you'll get the A* easily!" I know they mean well but it's really the complete opposite of what I want to hear right now.

I just wish results weren't so far away, I could find a way to deal with failing but it's the uncertainty and waiting I can't cope with.
(edited 7 years ago)
I probably am on the border of 1/2

Weird, sounded like you got decent S grades when you gave feedback after the exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Weird, sounded like you got decent S grades when you gave feedback after the exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got correct answers, with some working, but I would not put it past myself to have put too little working to warrant many marks, or miss out a few things here and there, and it was all quite messy

Plus you and Zacken are making me doubt myself, since I know you guys are both unhappy with your own STEP results, and you are both very good mathematicians afaik :redface:
Bloody hell, stop looking at boundaries and over-analysing your exams and get on with enjoying your summer

Latest

Trending

Trending