The Student Room Group

Working in sports direct...

Does it get better? I feel like I made a big mistake working here. The deputy manager is patronizing and intimidating, we are pressured to sell stuff that we can hardly force somebody to buy and we have to humiliate ourselves by posting our store rank weekly in the whats app group. I suffer with anxiety disorder and this kind of stuff really gets my anxiety going not only that I see colleagues being shouted at for silly things, I am not looking forward to those days.... I was so happy to finally get my first job and rack up some experience to put on my CV but now I'm wanting to leave.
Sports direct sounds like a horrible place to work from what I've heard. Just keep going it may not get better but at least you'll gain some experience. Also why did you pick sports direct for your first job?
Reply 2
Unfortunately these days everybody seems to want experience, It was one of the stores offering jobs at the current time and before I actually did my research I was offered an interview. Because money is tight I had no choice but to take it. There was a point where I became tired due to my under active thyroid and I was humiliated for feeling tired and told 'I have it easy' by a manager.
Original post by Laawen
Does it get better? I feel like I made a big mistake working here. The deputy manager is patronizing and intimidating, we are pressured to sell stuff that we can hardly force somebody to buy and we have to humiliate ourselves by posting our store rank weekly in the whats app group. I suffer with anxiety disorder and this kind of stuff really gets my anxiety going not only that I see colleagues being shouted at for silly things, I am not looking forward to those days.... I was so happy to finally get my first job and rack up some experience to put on my CV but now I'm wanting to leave.

I've been working for Sports Direct for 10 months now, and it's my first job. I have learnt so much and come so far, and I am happy where I am. I think your issue lies with the management rather than the company.
hey guys i started working at sports direct like 4 wks ago now and im being put on shoes, anyone got any tips like how to sell innersoles and stuff ????
Original post by robinsonjonny
hey guys i started working at sports direct like 4 wks ago now and im being put on shoes, anyone got any tips like how to sell innersoles and stuff ????

They are called insoles. Have a good read of the packaging, then explain all the features. Mention that they are transferable between shoes.
Reply 6
Hi, my name is Ali and I am currently working on my dissertation on employee issues at Sports Direct, I want to conduct some interviews with people who are currently working or have worked at Sports Direct within the last 3 years.

I'm hoping to conduct the interview via email and the questions will generally be around their time at Sports Direct, why employees have a negative view about the current working conditions and what they would like to see changed.

The interviews will take place at the end of Feb and start of March so this discussion will be up for a while.

Please feel free to reply in this discussion.

Thank you!
does anybody know if you get paid on shifts where you have an 'authorised absence'??
what is the notice period to leave?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending