The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Adult Nursing

Anyone starting Adult nursing at City University London, sept 2016 ?
Original post by KingK16
Anyone starting Adult nursing at City University London, sept 2016 ?

Current City nursing student about to go into 3rd year if you have any questions :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
Current City nursing student about to go into 3rd year if you have any questions :smile:

OMG, hi there tho haha. How is the course going on so far for you ? I was curious of what the schedule/timetable would be like for the first years and the first few weeks of induction and stuff's like that.

AND I've applied for BOSS thing but Im really confused as if it's only for the NHS loan or are there other kind of loans included too? or do i have to apply for the helping loan separately ?

THankyouu! :smile:
Original post by KingK16
OMG, hi there tho haha. How is the course going on so far for you ? I was curious of what the schedule/timetable would be like for the first years and the first few weeks of induction and stuff's like that.

AND I've applied for BOSS thing but Im really confused as if it's only for the NHS loan or are there other kind of loans included too? or do i have to apply for the helping loan separately ?

THankyouu! :smile:

The course is going well thank you :smile: It gets more challenging as it goes along but I really enjoyed first year, definitely make the most of it!

The introductory two weeks are usually in Monday-Friday roughly 10-4 with one day off for freshers fair (which is optional if you want to attend or not). They involve stuff about the course, placement, fire safety (which is mandatory for placement), talks from lecturers/students/rcn and loads of other lectures. You should receive a timetable nearer to the time :smile:

When you officially start the course after that, the timetable varies so I don't want to give you any false information but we were roughly in 3-4 days a week but not all day if I remember correctly.

Have you applied through student finance for your loan as well? That's optional but I have my NHS bursary through BOSS then my loan through student finance England.

Are you moving to London to start or commuting from home?
Reply 4
The course is going well thank you :smile: It gets more challenging as it goes along but I really enjoyed first year, definitely make the most of it!

The introductory two weeks are usually in Monday-Friday roughly 10-4 with one day off for freshers fair (which is optional if you want to attend or not). They involve stuff about the course, placement, fire safety (which is mandatory for placement), talks from lecturers/students/rcn and loads of other lectures. You should receive a timetable nearer to the time :smile:

When you officially start the course after that, the timetable varies so I don't want to give you any false information but we were roughly in 3-4 days a week but not all day if I remember correctly.

Have you applied through student finance for your loan as well? That's optional but I have my NHS bursary through BOSS then my loan through student finance England.

Are you moving to London to start or commuting from home?

Ohh, that sounds calm then. I just applied through BOSS for the tuition loan and maintenance loan from the student finance (Just need to post the declaration form now) Im commuting from home, just half an hour away from Uni. Thank youuu.

PS. you know about the vaccinations, Im not sure if Im up to date and My GP doesn't have all the evidence cuz I received some at school and lost the sheet. Do you think I should go to my GP and ask if I can get immunised as Im about to start a nursing degree ? I don't know how to bring it up T.T
Original post by KingK16
Ohh, that sounds calm then. I just applied through BOSS for the tuition loan and maintenance loan from the student finance (Just need to post the declaration form now) Im commuting from home, just half an hour away from Uni. Thank youuu.

PS. you know about the vaccinations, Im not sure if Im up to date and My GP doesn't have all the evidence cuz I received some at school and lost the sheet. Do you think I should go to my GP and ask if I can get immunised as Im about to start a nursing degree ? I don't know how to bring it up T.T

Oh that's good then, you don't have far to travel at all!

I would just wait until you have your meeting with occupational health during the introduction week because they can give you all the vaccinations you don't have :smile: if you go to your GP, you may have to pay for them and some can be quite expensive.
Reply 6
Oh that's good then, you don't have far to travel at all!

I would just wait until you have your meeting with occupational health during the introduction week because they can give you all the vaccinations you don't have :smile: if you go to your GP, you may have to pay for them and some can be quite expensive.

Hey,

I went to my GP today to ask them to fill in my vaccination history and they told me they have no records at all, because I got transferred from another GP. What's gonna happen if I can't get a GP stamp on my form at all ? Im worried like really concerned.
Original post by KingK16
Hey,

I went to my GP today to ask them to fill in my vaccination history and they told me they have no records at all, because I got transferred from another GP. What's gonna happen if I can't get a GP stamp on my form at all ? Im worried like really concerned.

Don't worry about it - you'll be able to sort it. Your GP should have shared records with your old practice because I have moved gp's several times and I was still able to get proof :smile: if not, phone your old GP and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending