The Student Room Group

Get free Bus Pass for University?

Hi, y'all. Was wondering if there's a way to get a free bus pass for travelling to and from University?

Ta!

Cheerio!
Original post by similarBlank
Hi, y'all. Was wondering if there's a way to get a free bus pass for travelling to and from University?

Ta!

Cheerio!

Unless its something that your uni specifically offers then you'll have to pay for a term pass (which can have decent discounts for some bus companies)
Reply 2

Ta!

Cheerio!

Check your uni's web pages. My uni includes a bus pass for free travel between Halls and campus, in the price of the Halls rent. In addition, students can get concessionary rates on other local bus routes with a special bus pass from the main local bus company.*

Ta!

Cheerio!

This so very area and uni specific, you need to post in the forum of the uni you want to go to. At my uni for example you could get a heavy discount on an annual or 9 month bus pass but you couldn't get it free.
My local college offered this. (your college ID acted as your bus pass) But not everywhere offers it. My uni didn't, for example.
Reply 5
Ha that'll be the day... universitys and travel companies are stingey buggers.
Reply 6

Ta!

Cheerio!

Never heaed of something lile this. Call the Universiry, maybe a good discount is available.
Currently I get free bus travel because of my Oyster card, but that expires in September and I think I can then get another one in which I get a discount, but I was just wondering if there was one where I don't have to pay at all. :P

Also, my student bank account offers a bus card discount I just realised. I wonder if I could use that in conjuction with the discount Oyster.... probably not, I suppose, one or the other I'm guessing. :P
You can add a 16-25 railcard to your Oyster card and get discounts that way.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You can add a 16-25 railcard to your Oyster card and get discounts that way.

But, let's say for example I got an Oyster card with a third off discount. Then, let's say I got a railcard with a third off discount. If I added the railcard to my Oyster card would I get two thirds off or would one cancel the other out?
But, let's say for example I got an Oyster card with a third off discount. Then, let's say I got a railcard with a third off discount. If I added the railcard to my Oyster card would I get two thirds off or would one cancel the other out?

You'd only get the one discount.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You'd only get the one discount.

That's ashame. :frown:
Reply 12
Ooh I didn't know I could use my railcard for oyster fares too! Thx
Reply 13
Original post by lemxn
Ooh I didn't know I could use my railcard for oyster fares too! Thx

Me either :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest