The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

does not agreeing with homosexuality make me homophobic

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
you're homophobic, genius. "disagreeing" with something someone can't control and was born with isn't having an opinion. it's being an intolerant, discriminating, awful person. if you don't want to be called those things, don't "disagree" with homosexuality.

your not born a homosexual lol
Original post by theBranicAc
your not born a homosexual lol

It must be so because it says in the Quara and Bible. Most definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
It must be so because it says in the Quara and Bible. Most definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not sure if your being sarcastic, but you not born homosexual, and im pretty sure most religions are against homosexuality?
Original post by theBranicAc
im not sure if your being sarcastic, but you not born homosexual, and im pretty sure most religions are against homosexuality?

What makes you so certain that people are not born homosexuals? It exists in animals, it existed since the beginning of humanity, and really, no one would choose to be a homosexuality given the stigma that exists even it western societies.

So...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Yeah, change sex. Then I'd be attracted to the same sex, so I would've changed my sexuality from straight to gay - no?

Just answer the question - could you yourself right now choose to become sexually aroused to a handsome man in front of you, i.e. get an erection, get the butterflies in the stomach feeling, etc.
So "disagreeing" with a certain race is fine as long as you're accepting of it, too, I assume? Since it's natural?

You can't disagree with race because there is nothing exclusive to a particular race..
Original post by cherryred90s
You can't disagree with race because there is nothing exclusive to a particular race..

Those two sentences have nothing to do with each other..?
Those two sentences have nothing to do with each other..?

They do, you just don't understand.
What I am saying is that there isn't a particular behaviour than one entire race engages in that another does not, so what would you have to disagree on?
Original post by Zarek
Yes, because it's absolutely none of your business to express a negative view about something which does not affect you nor indeed anyone else. Add to this the history of appalling abuse and persecution gay people have face over ages and you might appreciate why posts of this type are a remnant of former legitimised intolerant times.

what

the dude literally asked for him to express his opinion.

He sees people as equal, sure, but let him believe what he likes. He hasn't abused anyone, he is tolerant, he just doesn't think it's natural probably, which is his thoughts, and he's not hurting anyone, so let it be fam
They do, you just don't understand.
What I am saying is that there isn't a particular behaviour than one entire race engages in that another does not, so what would you have to disagree on?

Homosexuality is not a "behaviour" or a "lifestyle". It's an innate part of someone's being, just like someone's race.
Homosexuality is not a "behaviour" or a "lifestyle". It's an innate part of someone's being, just like someone's race.

Wow:colonhash:

Homosexuals engage in a behaviour that differs to that of the majority, which is why some people would disagree with it.

There isn't anything that one race engages in that another does not, so there isn't anything to disagree on..
of course not! For instance, I am a practising Christian,therfore I would not agree with any other religion i.e Islam. Does that mean that I am islamaphobic-no because I still treat them the same and I have very close Muslim friends that I would even call my sisters. We are free to have opposing ideologies as we are living in a liberated system. So essentially if a person has a right to agree with homosexuality we also have the same damn right to disagree with it(this does not mean belittle them etc)

Homosexuals engage in a behaviour that differs to that of the majority, which is why some people would disagree with it.

There isn't anything that one race engages in that another does not, so there isn't anything to disagree on..

You could disagree on the fact that all races are born equal, and that would make you a racist. In the same way, disagreeing on two men ****ing each other in the butt because it's not "traditional" makes you homophobic, because everyone is born equal and one kind of sexual behaviour is not any better or worse than another. It just exists, and you should accept it.

Homosexuality is the state of being sexually attracted to a person of the same sex. A gay person could in theory (and many have done) go their entire life without engaging in homosexual sex. So it is clearly not a behaviour.
Original post by Grand High Witch
Homosexuality is the state of being sexually attracted to a person of the same sex. A gay person could in theory (and many have done) go their entire life without engaging in homosexual sex. So it is clearly not a behaviour.

You're seriously arguing over a technicality? If the word behaviour offends you then replace it with something else, my point still stands
You're seriously arguing over a technicality? If the word behaviour offends you then replace it with something else, my point still stands

Yes, because it was the whole basis of your argument that homosexuality cannot be compared to race in that sense. Both are innate characteristics.

Replace it with what?
You could disagree on the fact that all races are born equal, and that would make you a racist. In the same way, disagreeing on two men ****ing each other in the butt because it's not "traditional" makes you homophobic, because everyone is born equal and one kind of sexual behaviour is not any better or worse than another. It just exists, and you should accept it.

Gay people engage in sexual acts with the same sex. Some people may disagree with that for whatever reason.

What do black people engage in that white people do not? What do Asian people engage in that mixed race people don't?
Replace it with what?

I don't know, I'm not the one who had a problem with that word
Gay people engage in sexual acts with the same sex. Some people may disagree with that for whatever reason.

What do black people engage in that white people do not? What do Asian people engage in that mixed race people don't?

Yeah, some people disagree with gay people engaging in sexual acts with the same sex. And that makes them homophobic. What is so hard to grasp about that?

And I haven't once said that black people engage in an act that white people do not. The whole point of my argument is that homosexuality is not a behaviour and neither is race, so the two can be compared.

Latest

Trending

Trending