The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

A lot of people here are hating on refugees and saying that Britain shouldn't accept any. So would you rather have an innocent Syrian die in an air strike or a bomb than come here and live a safe life here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am not "anti-refugee" per se, but the alternative to refugees not coming to Britain is not them dying, rather going to other nearby countries where they would feel more welcome, and where their principles might not be in opposition to that of the general population.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd say neither choice - we shouldn't be wasting money on airstrikes, and I don't want middle eastern migrants coming here.
Reply 3
We can't take in everyone- unfortunately, some people will die in the war. The best way to prevent the bloodshed is by destroying ISIS and somewhat deintensifying the situation there.

If a tap is leaking, should we just keep cleaning up the water or should we stop the source of the leak? I think we should do the latter.
Reply 4
Original post by MildredMalone
I'd say neither choice - we shouldn't be wasting money on airstrikes, and I don't want middle eastern migrants coming here.

But would you rather have a Syrian die in the war somehow or come here to the UK and live safely?
We do not hate refugees, what we are saying is that letting in millions of people from a different part of the world from a different culture even though rich arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Oman and Bahrain haven't pulled their own weight, just because the UK is a very tolerant country is complete nonsense.

Only families who are actually syrian and actually refugees rather than the economic migrants that have been culturally enriching Europe by tripling rape rates in European cities are the only ones who deserve refuge in the UK.

Plain and simple.
Reply 6
Original post by Ladbants
A lot of people here are hating on refugees and saying that Britain shouldn't accept any. So would you rather have an innocent Syrian die in an air strike or a bomb than come here and live a safe life here?

The type of people who are anti-refugee are the type that support Israel; that lovely apartheid state which illegally occupies land and kills the native women and children. So don't be surprised with their answers.
I rather they be kept in Turkey.
Reply 8
Original post by Trapz99
We can't take in everyone- unfortunately, some people will die in the war. The best way to prevent the bloodshed is by destroying ISIS and somewhat deintensifying the situation there.

If a tap is leaking, should we just keep cleaning up the water or should we stop the source of the leak? I think we should do the latter.

Is this what Jesus would say?
Reply 9
Original post by Playmaker#10
We do not hate refugees, what we are saying is that letting in millions of people from a different part of the world from a different culture even though rich arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Oman and Bahrain haven't pulled their own weight, just because the UK is a very tolerant country is complete nonsense.

Only families who are actually syrian and actually refugees rather than the economic migrants that have been culturally enriching Europe by tripling rape rates in European cities are the only ones who deserve refuge in the UK.

Plain and simple.

Oh shut up. We're the ones creating the chaos in the region for our own economic motives; systematically destabilising the ME. Turkey, Lebanon and surrounding countries have taken ten fold of refugees than what Germany or Sweden or any other European countries have taken in.
Original post by Trapz99
But would you rather have a Syrian die in the war somehow or come here to the UK and live safely?

Yes tbh. People die all over the world, especially in places ripe with a culture which is incompatible with our own. They'll never stop killing each other over there, they're the last people we should be bringing in.
Original post by oShahpo
I am not "anti-refugee" per say, but the alternative to refugees not coming to Britain is not them dying, rather going to other nearby countries where they would feel more welcome, and where their principles might not be in opposition to that of the general population.

Which "principles" are in opposition to the UK's general population but would not be in opposition to, say, the Greek general population or the Italian or whichever country in the Mediterranean refugees reach first.
Original post by Sisuphos
Which "principles" are in opposition to the UK's general population but would not be in opposition to, say, the Greek general population or the Italian or whichever country in the Mediterranean refugees reach first.

Only an idiot would think that Islamic conservatism is more compatible with the general laws of the UK than, say, the Turkish or Egyptian laws. Once they arrive in Italy or Greece, instead of making this horrendous journey to the UK, why not instead go to the nearby Turkey, Egypt, or Jordan?
Original post by Themini
Oh shut up. We're the ones creating the chaos in the region for our own economic motives; systematically destabilising the ME. Turkey, Lebanon and surrounding countries have taken ten fold of refugees than what Germany or Sweden or any other European countries have taken in.

Are you a moron? So you're saying that the United Kingdom should take in Millions of refugees because we are trying to destroy a terrorist group that kills more people than any air-strike the US has ever dropped?

And it's funny how you mentioned Sweden, when they haven't dropped any air-strike at all, but are still forced into taking in refugees because of their stupid liberalism.

And Russia the nation that has caused the most damage on the ground, how many refugees have they taken in? Why don't you point fingers at them the way you do at the US and the UK? Because they aren't a country infected with this poison of liberalism.

And I specifically mentioned Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, countries with similar cultures that insult the west for not taking in refugees, when they themselves have taken in zero.

Add UAE and Qatar to that list.
I would rather house a soldier who was willing to put the ultimate sacrifice on the line and who has been treated disgustingly by successive incompetent governments than s "refugee" who has passed through numerous safe countries more in tune with their culture and customs.
This was Syria before the war and now.

I don't believe we should take any refugees for 3 reasons
1) Saudi Arabia has a giant tent city for Muslims who pilgrimage to Mecca and this is empty and is a permanent camp with heat and water.

2) there are refugee camps which we help fund in neighbouring countries

3) EU law (i voted leave) states that refugees must make asylums claims in the EU countries they arrive in.
Like mentioned by Trapz99... We can take in a few refugees but does it deal with the actual issue? No.

The reality is that there has to be an invasion and occupation of Syria with an International UN force/NATO-led for a considerable period of time.

It is obvious that neither Assad or the rebel groups have the mandate or the organisation to provide stability to the area and the refugee situation will continue unless the above is done.

Unfortunately, the Iraq war and the left have polluted the minds of the British public so no Government is willing to do the right thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Playmaker#10
Are you a moron? So you're saying that the United Kingdom should take in Millions of refugees because we are trying to destroy a terrorist group that kills more people than any air-strike the US has ever dropped?

And it's funny how you mentioned Sweden, when they haven't dropped any air-strike at all, but are still forced into taking in refugees because of their stupid liberalism.

And Russia the nation that has caused the most damage on the ground, how many refugees have they taken in? Why don't you point fingers at them the way you do at the US and the UK? Because they aren't a country infected with this poison of liberalism.

And I specifically mentioned Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, countries with similar cultures that insult the west for not taking in refugees, when they themselves have taken in zero.

Add UAE and Qatar to that list.

Am I a moron? 10/10 for making yourself look stupid. Quite clearly you don't even have a basic historical knowledge of British involvement in the ME and history of regional puppetry- only Daily Mail articles. If you don't like liberalism you're welcome to go to Iraq or Syria you'll share a lot with the ISIS lot. Why should Saudi Arabia or Bahrain have to take any refugees in? They're not the ones who created this mess. Russia has made a bigger dent into ISIS than us or the US who are busy dropping entire apartment blocks using "surgical warfare" through drones; creating more recruits for ISIS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shumaya
Is this what Jesus would say?

I think stopping the war is the way to help the most people. Taking in refugees helps a few but stopping the war would lead to safety for more people. I think Jesus would aim to help as many people as possible.
Original post by MildredMalone

This is the type of the Isolationist *******s that has led to this situation.

Every year, we are going to have more refugees flooding the borders and eventually reaching the UK, unless effective action is taken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending