The Student Room Group

Experiencing failure

All throughout my high school life i have wanted to be head girl, but now have got through to the interviews. However I didn't get through and out of 4 girls, 3 got it (2 deputy's, 1 head) I am extremely sad as this would mean I am the only girl not to get it. I don't what to do as all my life I have wanted this so bad. Also my friend is deputy and tbh I am kinda jealous. Any advice?
it is disappointing for you OP :console:, but it is not a life changing event. put on a brave face and enjoy the rest of the school term.
Are you serious? I would call this disappointed at the situation, not a failure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
All throughout my high school life i have wanted to be head girl, but now have got through to the interviews. However I didn't get through and out of 4 girls, 3 got it (2 deputy's, 1 head) I am extremely sad as this would mean I am the only girl not to get it. I don't what to do as all my life I have wanted this so bad. Also my friend is deputy and tbh I am kinda jealous. Any advice?

All I can say is that sometimes life just isn't fair but every dog does have it's day. You may have missed out this time..but what's to say that those people who are head girls/ head boys end up being your employees and you become their boss in the future? Food for thought.
Reply 4
Aww wish you the best!
:biggrin:
First of all - you're not a failure! 😌 I'm sure it's so disappointing (and a bit hurtful) that you were the only interviewee not to get it. I feel for you. But at the same time, it's not the end of the world. It's just raw for you at the moment, but it'll get easier. And who knows, one day you might be glad, as you'll have more time for your studies. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Guys. Please get back on topic instead of throwing insults about.
Original post by Deyesy
Guys. Please get back on topic instead of throwing insults about.

wheres all the other comments gone? im pretty sure there was more
Reply 8
Original post by theBranicAc
wheres all the other comments gone? im pretty sure there was more

They've been removed.
Reply 9
On the positive side, you were selected from many students to even be interviewed, so your school obviously saw you as a worthy candidate for head girl. Additionally, being head/deputy head girl won't have a huge impact on later life, I'm sure there are other prestigious positions you could go for within your school, such as head of the student council or whatever.
Reply 10
Hi, I’ve been in a similar situation. Despite having more experience than the other candidates I was rejected and didn’t get an interview at all. I had wanted to be head girl all my school years like you and a lot of my friends got different roles including Head girl except me. So I had difficulty accepting things. After talking to teachers (this may just apply to my school) that they could create new roles that are very similar. I also found out that the girls who got roles were all very similar (for example sporty and loud) and that if you don’t fit into a certain type of person they won’t probably accept you. (Again could just be my school) In terms of a levels and university I wouldn’t worry because most places don’t really care. I learned to accept what happened and find or create new roles within school. (Sorry for the essay haha 😅)

Latest

Trending

Trending