The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Yawn. Bring up Iraq when we are talking about Syria.

That shows the entire moral vacuum that people like you have.

You have no defense of Saudi Actions at the moment in Iraq so you want to bring up events from 10 years ago.

The Saudi's are arming and funding murderous extremist groups now and are direct cause of the continuing issues in Syria.

Brining up the cause of the thrive of Islamic terrorism and destruction of the country in question? Yep definitely not moral of me to do so. I don't like Saudi Arabia but the fault doesn't lie with them entirely. They didn't create his mess, they're merely supporting it. If you want to bring in other factors..take a nice big look at Iran and how its supporting Shia militia groups in the region to oppress and take control. We're still supporting different fundamentalist groups in the ME. So how are we any better?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Playmaker#10
Well UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are members of OPEC and they are notoriously know to not give welfare to people who aren't nationals.

And tbh maybe you're right about the hijra and maybe you're wrong, I personally want to help families, a father and a wife with children genuinely fleeing war, I honestly doubt these kind of people would be trying to colonise the UK.

I think reasons as to why there's so much anti refugee feelings going around is because a lot of them have walked into Europe unchecked- meaning ISIS would have a field day because they can easily send Jihadis posing as refugees, some act incredibly entitled for "refugees" (sex attacks, burning down the refugee buildings, forcing Christians from Syria to convert to Islam and how you have people from Pakistan posing as refugees just for benefits.

There was some documentary called "Children of the Front Line" and the camera crew followed a mother and her two daughters to Germany. The girl was so happy because she said there were no bombs in Germany and she could dance on the street etc. I would gladly help families like that. But single men, who have left their families behind and have decided not to fight for their country? Nope never.

Original post by nucdev
Lmao good thing you put the Arabic definition of that word otherwise I would've assumed you meant the Hindi/Urdu definition of the word "hijra" :teehee:

:lol:

I knew you'd say that hahaha
Original post by DorianGrayism
Yawn. Bring up Iraq when we are talking about Syria.

That shows the entire moral vacuum that people like you have.

You have no defense of Saudi Actions at the moment in Iraq so you want to bring up events from 10 years ago.

The Saudi's are arming and funding murderous extremist groups now and are direct cause of the continuing issues in Syria.

Original post by Themini
Brining up the cause of the thrive of Islamic terrorism and destruction of the country in question? Yep definitely not moral of me to do so. I don't like Saudi Arabia but the fault doesn't lie with them entirely. They didn't create his mess, they're merely supporting it. If you want to bring in other factors..take a nice big look at Iran and how its supporting Shia militia groups in the region to oppress and take control. We're still supporting different fundamentalist groups in the ME. So how are we any better?

To Themini, surely supporting the mess is what's been keeping it gone for so long?

And there was an article where Dailymail journalists interviewed Yazidi girls who had been sold off by ISIS as sex slaves. It was really horrible to read and I think they interviewed quite a few girls about it. A shocking number of them said that Saudi Arabian sheiks had brought them and had paid ISIS extra if a girl was a virgin.

If support from Saudi Arabia was cut completely, ISIS would dry up so fast they could be wiped out so much more easily.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404894/The-saddest-thing-remember-little-girl-12-years-old-raped-without-mercy-Dressed-traditional-wedding-gowns-Yazidi-sex-slaves-relive-torture-ISIS.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MildredMalone
Which is why every country needs better border controls.

Better border controls ! - Love how people come up with catch phrases to make things sound better.

Stop millions of refugees flooding the border with better controls. Maybe, we should build a large wall across the European border
these middle eastern countries need to sort their **** out and get their act together. they are always fighting amongst eachother.
Well it doesn't really help the situation when most of them aren't even Syrian.*
Original post by Themini

We are not supporting fundamentalist groups in Syria. The opposition that has had any support has had limited support anyway.

If you want to talk about the involvement of the UK/USA, in the ME, I am more than happy to do that.

However, it is completely stupid to ignore the other states in the ME and pretend that they have no influence.
Reply 47
Has no one actually answered the question directly? Smh.
Original post by Trapz99
We can't take in everyone- unfortunately, some people will die in the war. The best way to prevent the bloodshed is by destroying ISIS and somewhat deintensifying the situation there.

If a tap is leaking, should we just keep cleaning up the water or should we stop the source of the leak? I think we should do the latter.

That is my favourite quote, that is a great, great visual phrase. REP for that.
Original post by Playmaker#10
We do not hate refugees, what we are saying is that letting in millions of people from a different part of the world from a different culture even though rich arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Oman and Bahrain haven't pulled their own weight, just because the UK is a very tolerant country is complete nonsense.

Only families who are actually syrian and actually refugees rather than the economic migrants that have been culturally enriching Europe by tripling rape rates in European cities are the only ones who deserve refuge in the UK.

Plain and simple.

I agree, you've gained a rep from me too :smile:. The only problem is that it is extremely hard to find the actual refugees from the migrants because migrants tend to lie to mix in with refugees. Preferably men, who pretend they are with a refugee mother and her children. This confuses everything, as some don't have passports etc, and understanding their language; it's too much.
Hopefully, they can sort it out, though.
I would rather an economic migrant die trying to get to the UK, but I have no problem with genuine refugees.
Reply 51
Original post by TercioOfParma
I would rather an economic migrant die trying to get to the UK, but I have no problem with genuine refugees.

And how do you justify that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
And how do you justify that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They shouldn't be taking advantage of a humanitarian crisis in order to gain personally, it's immoral.
Reply 53
They shouldn't be taking advantage of a humanitarian crisis in order to gain personally, it's immoral.

What makes it immoral enough to warrant death?
Original post by RobML
What makes it immoral enough to warrant death?

That they take the resources from those who genuinely need it, they commit crime to get to our shores and when they get to whatever country a significant proportion act very poorly, and an even smaller proportion commit heinous crimes. Frankly, it is no skin off my nose if they don't get to our countries provided those who genuinely need aid do.
Or they could go to one of the dozens of safe countries in Europe...
Original post by Themini
Am I a moron? 10/10 for making yourself look stupid. Quite clearly you don't even have a basic historical knowledge of British involvement in the ME and history of regional puppetry- only Daily Mail articles. If you don't like liberalism you're welcome to go to Iraq or Syria you'll share a lot with the ISIS lot. Why should Saudi Arabia or Bahrain have to take any refugees in? They're not the ones who created this mess. Russia has made a bigger dent into ISIS than us or the US who are busy dropping entire apartment blocks using "surgical warfare" through drones; creating more recruits for ISIS.

I think YOU should take in a Syrian refugee into your home!

There are plenty of refugees in the care of local authorities. There could be a lot of paperwork but where there's a will and all that...

Then you won't need to indulge in all your virtue signalling lefty bs. You can actually do something to help...

:smile:
Reply 57
That they take the resources from those who genuinely need it, they commit crime to get to our shores and when they get to whatever country a significant proportion act very poorly, and an even smaller proportion commit heinous crimes. Frankly, it is no skin off my nose if they don't get to our countries provided those who genuinely need aid do.

So you believe the average economic migrant causes consequences in this country equivalent to the loss of a life?
Original post by RobML
So you believe the average economic migrant causes consequences in this country equivalent to the loss of a life?

Potentially, depends on the migrant in question. It just irritates me that they would take advantage of this.
Reply 59
Potentially, depends on the migrant in question. It just irritates me that they would take advantage of this.

But the average migrant? I still fail to see the case for justified death

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending