The Student Room Group

A-level resources to help a South African student?

Hi

My name is Zakariyya and I am in my final year of schooling in South Africa. I am doing Physical Sciences as a subject. It consists of two papers, Physics and Chemistry. For physics, I desperately need more resources as I genuinely would like to get 98% or more for the subject, so that I can improve my chances of getting into medical school - my dream is to work for MSF.

Anyway, I feel that the resources I currently have are not enough. I have tried to find questions on the sections I do in physics from A-level, but have been unsuccesful so far as I do not know how the A-levels work and which papers will contain what I am looking for. The xtremepapers.com is complicated and difficult for me to understand.

The sections I do in physics are:
1. Newtons Laws
2. Work and Energy
3. Vertical Projectile Motion (Aka Kinematics in one dimension only)
4. Electic Circuits
5. Electric Motors
6. Electrostatics
7. Doppler Effect
8. Photoelectric Effect

I attach a few of our recent exam papers so that you may see what type of questions we do.

Please assist me in finding questions, papers and resources that will help me. They do not have to be from A-levels, anything that you feel will be of benefit will do.

If you feel that the questions in the papers might be of help to you in your studies, please message me and I will give a link that has all my South African resources...

Thanks!
Original post by m.zakariyya.g
Hi

My name is Zakariyya and I am in my final year of schooling in South Africa. I am doing Physical Sciences as a subject. It consists of two papers, Physics and Chemistry. For physics, I desperately need more resources as I genuinely would like to get 98% or more for the subject, so that I can improve my chances of getting into medical school - my dream is to work for MSF.

Anyway, I feel that the resources I currently have are not enough. I have tried to find questions on the sections I do in physics from A-level, but have been unsuccesful so far as I do not know how the A-levels work and which papers will contain what I am looking for. The xtremepapers.com is complicated and difficult for me to understand.

The sections I do in physics are:
1. Newtons Laws
2. Work and Energy
3. Vertical Projectile Motion (Aka Kinematics in one dimension only)
4. Electic Circuits
5. Electric Motors
6. Electrostatics
7. Doppler Effect
8. Photoelectric Effect

I attach a few of our recent exam papers so that you may see what type of questions we do.

Please assist me in finding questions, papers and resources that will help me. They do not have to be from A-levels, anything that you feel will be of benefit will do.

If you feel that the questions in the papers might be of help to you in your studies, please message me and I will give a link that has all my South African resources...

Thanks!

Let us bear in mind that the your syllabus A level syllabus are different and may I also ask you how long it is before your exam so that it will be easier to answer.

Try the following website : http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/
You can find question based on the chapters, so that you may choose the problems which are relevant to you.
Original post by tangotangopapa2
Let us bear in mind that the your syllabus A level syllabus are different and may I also ask you how long it is before your exam so that it will be easier to answer.

Try the following website : http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/
You can find question based on the chapters, so that you may choose the problems which are relevant to you.

I start my final exams in 3 months, so no rush at all. Much appreciation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest