The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hello, I have been approved for the student finance a while ago, basically I am going to Hull College and the whole fee for the course is £6000 which is the money I don't have to worry about etc, but! It says on my UCAS that my term starts on the 1st of September 2016. I am going to look at my accommodation next week and apparently I'll be able to move in halfway through August so I can have 2 weeks getting used to the whole place etc. But on my student finance payments schedule it says that I will get my first payment of my maintenance loan on the 12/09/2016... Will my student accommodation place let me live in there without paying for the place until 12/09/2016 or what? I'm really worried... I know I will ask these questions when I see the manager etc but still I'm just wondering...
Reply 1
Original post by Piotr.p_97
Hello, I have been approved for the student finance a while ago, basically I am going to Hull College and the whole fee for the course is £6000 which is the money I don't have to worry about etc, but! It says on my UCAS that my term starts on the 1st of September 2016. I am going to look at my accommodation next week and apparently I'll be able to move in halfway through August so I can have 2 weeks getting used to the whole place etc. But on my student finance payments schedule it says that I will get my first payment of my maintenance loan on the 12/09/2016... Will my student accommodation place let me live in there without paying for the place until 12/09/2016 or what? I'm really worried... I know I will ask these questions when I see the manager etc but still I'm just wondering...

Most uni-owned acvommodation will be sympathetic about payments which rely on SF, but you may need to pay a deposit in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending